cat, manifoldy type stuff!!!

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
right!!!

here goes, i want a exhaust system, maximum power gains keeping it mot pass???

what you reckon guys....

1. manifold> central cat> backbox
?: will it pass mot easily or struggle...

2. full de-cat and keep original exhaust for mot...
?: is this too much hassle come mot time...

all opinions muchly appriciated...

p.s. tips on manufacturers and suppliers if you know so... ta

Go for the Janspeed, deff the best one for the Micra

Janspeed Manifold
Janspeed Decat
Janspeed Backbox

You'll get much more power from this, but think the total cost os about £400 ish :(

Janspeed 4-2-1 manifold, de-cat pipe, s/s or m/s cat back exhaust system:
www.janspeed.com
www.roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk
www.demon-tweeks.com
www.xtreme.uk.com
www.r-tecautodesign.com
www.larkspeed.com
www.overrevs.co.uk

Try some of those places.
Titch :kungfu:

thanx titch, your a star!!!

need to save some money now!!!

doing bodywok right now...
tech stuff for summer projects....

ta titchfwn

With a full system your car will fail a MOT, it is not unheard of for k11's to fail MOT's with just a janspeed manifold. Your still best off getting everything but replacing the oem manifold as this will allow the car to pass 100%.

The only other option is to get a replacement ecu and have it programmed to allow the car to pass.

Mike

so its worth it to go the whole hog ang get a full system for performance...

mmm... i'm geussing janspeed 4-2-1, full decat, nice back box jap style.

should put a whole in my pocket...

Plus a new system for checking your emissions is coming into play in the local MOT stations up here, they are all computerised now and the guy that does my MOT says there is no way round it, it has to be tested correctly. Dont know how it works but its supposed to be to cut down on the amount of people passing de-catted motors :(

Daz :alien:

i would consider keeping the original 2nd cat as this will keep the lower end torque....more acceleration :) plus it'll save you £90

but deffo replace the manifold and cat back system

:)

i have to disagree, keeping 2nd cat is of no benefit acceleration or power wise. from experience driving with 2nd cat is like having a dead animal wedged in your otherwise free flowing exhaust system (if you got all the other janspeed kit installed aswell). the micra rally cars would have standard cats if they gave overall better acceleration and power, but they dont.

really? i've never checked myself just what i heard and read on here :)

i stand corrected if i'm wrong mate, you got a point tho the rally micras would leave them in for more torque.

the omp group n is very nice its a decat back system. works well for performance, although i have had problems with the join to back box to mid section, its not a flange and i had to put a load of paste in there to stop it blowing, but it could be i got the wrong kind/size of clamp on the join.

its £200. cheaper than a janspeed decat and cat back system. so its a better buy than the janspeed. much better tailpipe aswell.

you should be so lucky for £200! its aluminised mild steel. and its meant for competition use only. but of course you can use it on the road.

Back