Cars earth

okay so i get my amp wired up, earth got an nice clean contract, all fuses in, so i am done and csn connect up the neg to the battery, but everytime i do i get a spark from the negative side of battery when i connect it, amps two 25 blows, get no more sparks, but the amp fuse blows, why is this happeing when i connect the neg to battery

but then i connect the fuse and it goes pop, and the fuse are blown, take the fuse out the wire battery and pop it in and that goes pop and the amp fuse are blown.

yes but wat, how do you find a short, any signs, no probs with the wire to amp installed, now its mutlipyl, so only new wires are earth, power, and connecting it up the amp

Is the amp brand new or second hand? I guess you're doing this with the stereo/ignition off yes???

You 'will' get some small sparks when you connect the earth cable to the battery but thats only because the amp is charging its power supply capacitors. You definately shouldn't be blowing any fuses, particularly in the amp. It sounds like you've got a short. Is your wiring at the amp all neat and tidy? If the amp is second hand then it could be fudged.

Edit: Can you take a photo of your amp install please. Thanks

welll, i googled for short, and knowing there no cuts in the wire, i thout i better double check the wire, and be the fool that i am , the ground wire to power, the power to ground, most of wasted a few fuses, and dangeror to dameragin the amp, when all it was a mix of wire, so i unpluged neg battery, hooked up remote wire to i thout was live but must be battery as it came on without ing, put fuse in and went to hook up battery end to neg, disspointed when i saw the spark again, the spark that i hate but very realifed when i saw the green light, hooked up my mp3 to the red and white inputs, and it played,

but one thing, the selector where has a option for lp, hp, off, it was put in off, but still music played,but low, so i used lp, but music played but lower,

is this normal cause i am an mp3 headphone out to a rca socket.

I think you're confusing volume levels with the high and low pass filters here.

The filters only serve to pass the different frequencies of the sound, ie, LP(low pass) and HP (high pass) will not the affect the actual sound level.

If what you mean is that the volume of the music you're playing is low becuase you are using the headphone output of your MP3 device connected in turn to the RCA inputs on your amplifier, then the only way this would've affected the sound level is if you've got the sound on the MP3 device turned down low - turn it up and see if it makes any difference.

Also, you might want to check the gain on your amplifier.

The fact that the system appears to be outputting any sound at all shows that it is at least part working - it really depends on what you mean by low sound - are you refering to a pre-amp sound level ? (in this case you would probably hear a loud hissing noise as well as the output music).

thas what i thought the filter did, and yes i turn the mp3 volume and it gets louder, and i tried turning the gain and it gets louder, but i get distoartion, so i gues this is normal for a mp3.

When you hear distortion, it means that you've set the gain too high (or conversely the input) or the output level is too high for your speakers.

Try turning the volume on your MP3 device to just below its maximum then set the gain on the amplifier accordingly - however are you going to be using your set up in this way permanantly or are you going to hook it up to your in dash head unit ???

If so, you should set up and adjust your system after you have connected it all up properly, so that you won't need to adjust the gain once correctly set.

not permitately, head unit aint working, and i just wanted a quick test. headunit probably knacked, aint turning on,should find out, ethier headunit, fuse box or wires, but i doubt that as it tells my amp to turn on

not permitately, head unit aint working, and i just wanted a quick test. headunit probably knacked, aint turning on,should find out, ethier headunit, fuse box or wires, but i doubt that as it tells my amp to turn on

So is your head unit totally dead or what ???

If its passing the switching signal to the amp, sounds like the fault may be elsewhere.

yep, i reckon it ethier radio fuse box, or headunit, hope it radio fuse box. or if it headunit it gives me a chance to find one with preouts, halfords got sale but i need one with aux, got love aux.

well the power, battery/orange wire/ ground all go in this black box near the head unit, with a two glass fuse on it on this small electric board, it proctets the radio wirring and my headunit, it says what it is on the box. it takes small glass 1 amp fuse and 7 amp fuse, thoe i put 2 amp in cause i couldnt find small 1 amp glass

Back