Carputer

cheers, i still need to do alot of work on the surround (i know i leep saying that) but at the moment its just too cold to work with filler and i dont want to use all my hardner.

oh yes its touch screen. been testing it tonight and i think ill be selling the Ripspeed dvd player if anyone is interested.

Man that Centrafuse software looks EPIC! Makes me want to get a system set up myself. Bonus next month... hmmm...

Keep up the good work mate!

Glad you've gone away from the laptop idea and using touch screen etc.

ive not gone away from the laptop idea....the laptop is going to situated under the passenger seat, the 7" touch screen was allways going to be the interface. When i was talking to you about the mini itx board that was a more tempting option for the power aspect, i sorted my power problems today

cheers james, its an amazing piece of software compaired to the free source front ends you can get hold of...This installs easy as 1-2-3 then thats it everything is allready there but you have the options for plugins.

With Road-Runner you had to minor tweaks to .ini files to get it to work.

more pics up through the week.

ive not gone away from the laptop idea....the laptop is going to situated under the passenger seat, the 7" touch screen was allways going to be the interface..

The micro ATX stuff will be smaller than a laptop, and run off 12V ignition wires rather than a fag lighter socket which i'm assuming your doing, but yeah it's obviously additional cost.

Bonus next month... hmmm...!

Save it! If you can't afford to do the mids meet which is only a tenner then you need to save up!

im running the laptop off the adapter in the link below:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=44736

its wired straight to the battery.

Cost is one hurdle yes, bar in mind the laptop cost me £10 and i got the power supply for £20 in the sale.

I have one of those too! I got one from ebay/hongkong.

they are not bad at all. I've found the voltage output is not very accurate though. Not a big deal really.

I have a 8" touch screen I might be interested in selling if you are on the lookout for another screen. Couple of very handy mini-itx bits too, like slim line cd drive to ide adapaters, pico psu's etc.

Back