carbon fibre?

M

micra_B

does anyone know whele i can get a carbon fibre bonnet for my 1995 k11 as i cant find 1 anywhere.

cheers

B

yes but its expansive and youll have to import it mate :S if not i can get one made for you at a price though carbon is expencive.... :(

are they custom made as in made to order, or do you need to submit the plans / size of the k11 bonnet to get one made? Im tempted to get one for my K10 you see but doubt they'd have the design for one :)

They can make a copy if they use a normal bonnet, /im interested in this? anyone know where i could get 'imitation' carbon fibre film?

if the pre-facelift and facelift models have the basic same shape (wich i think they do) other than the front drop off, it should fit all you would have to do is make up a front grill with fiberglass and mesh . just a thought. id be up for a group buy after x-mass end off jan maby ? (time to save) lol

Ok titch, Looks like its just me and you so far!!!!lol

I'm ready to max my American Express!!!

On a more serious note, a few months back I emaild a few composite companies in my area - said that I was a member of MSC and asked about the possibility of a custom made bonnet for a few members - no reply from any of them!

i know someone who works with carbon fiber so can make us anything we want in carbon... all we have to don is send hnim the part required to be made. if this is of any help to ya.

Raceworx said:
i know someone who works with carbon fiber so can make us anything we want in carbon... all we have to don is send hnim the part required to be made. if this is of any help to ya.

How much roughly? and where is he based?

That would be fine Raceworx. Will prob be best idea! As for the bonnets - they are completly diffrent. So if we wan't both made up - will need to have two sent off.

Raceworx said:
duno about price i can ask for you :) and hes based down south way down south.

South sounds good, as i am too!! Id be interested to know how much a K10 one would cost - i know this is a K11 thread and dont mean to hijack :)

i might be up for a group buy begining of next month, went to spek to the bank today :eek:) we should add a poll in a new thread, ie k10/k11 find out how many people want them , i would but ive not done a poll befor. i can also think of a few more bits id get made to.

nope your gona have to get in touch with some compsite companys and ask them if there planing on them or can make them..

nope your gona have to get in touch with some compsite companys and ask them if there planing on them or can make them..

ok cheers :) i did find a website AGES ago that sold them for a load of japanese cars and the k11 was one of them??

so in those two years no new company has embarked on producing them for the micra k11? mayb im not searching GOOGLE right but seems that way?

thanks again

nope i dont think so dude.. aspect and mullholland are the places to go for one.. i asked amy on here about shipping one but she could only do it by putting it in the back of a car that she was buyinf but it would be ninsured against theft.. and i know alot of bits go missing of imported cars anyway so a nice shiny new bonnet all boxed up in the car wouldnt last 5 mins.. search for carbon fibre composites for race cars..

Please launch new threads instead of digging up old ones.

sorry....i didnt think that was appropriate to start a new thread. I only wanted to ask a couple of questions relating to this topic, so I thought it better i don’t make a new thread for a simple question? Sorry anway?

IMO, a carbon bonnet on a micra would be pointless and a waste of cash! end off the day i bet u only want one because it looks good do ya? i mean fair enuf you might want it for performance n that but if its pure cosmetics, get the sticker mate, £140 from demon tweeks(plus MSC discount (£14),ohhhh ya not paid up so u dnt get it lol, another reason to join!(PLUG!!!)) but if its cosmetic, just get the sticker :).

sorry if sound awrkward, just tryin to save you a couple quid :D

got a link for the sticker..

im trying for a fibreglass bonnet to save the weight but have the looks..

yeah ive been thinkin that aswell u could do almost al the panels i.e boot bonnet wings wouldnt do the doors as they have the impact bars in them but how much weight would u realistically be saving??? would be interested in a bonnet if someone was able to mock one up.

im very sure Matt Humphris can supplies carbon fibre bonnets and possibly boot lids. Know definately that Matt can supply fibre glass ones

hansell technologies
www.carbon-fibre.com

same company, they will do whatever you want...

39p per square inch for carbon fibre....for 2.0mm thick
either 5 layers of carbon or 3 layers of carbon and two of glass...

ask them and thee shall tell...

look at what they have made allready, including a whole carbon shell for a Audi TT, and all sorts of other stuff besides...

im very sure Matt Humphris can supplies carbon fibre bonnets and possibly boot lids. Know definately that Matt can supply fibre glass ones

yep i've seen matts carbon bonnet in real life!!

what a beast!!!

Yes, Matthew does do them, even picked one up......extremely light weight and absolute top quality :)

Price wise, I haven't asked yet......

i knew a lad who bought one for his SX, i warned him of cheap imitations and that over time the heat from the engine would end up warping the bonnet, but he thought i was trying to put him off and got one anyway..... few months later he was back on his stock bonnet with an empty wallet!

carbon bonnets

The carbon bonnet weigh's in at 3.2Kg they cost around £750.00 and take around 12 weeks to order. You can buy alot of tuning mods for that sort of money.

The carbon bonnet weigh's in at 3.2Kg they cost around £750.00 and take around 12 weeks to order. You can buy alot of tuning mods for that sort of money.

i suppose thats not a bad price :) ??
i already have manifold and de-cat exhaust, so what tuning mods you talking about:
"cams"
thats the only one i can think of if you havent already got manifold and exhaust cause turbo or upgrading engine is WAY more money??

im in contact with someone at the moment and he asked me for the "Dimensions" of the bonnet? would anybody be able to help me out here please?

hopefully you guys wont think im lazy asking, but i wouldnt want to get dimensions wrong and plus, someone on here should know :)

thanks

is that -VAT?

£750 is alot more tempting than 1k ;)

Not wanting to stray off topic but £750 would get you a lot of suspension upgrades, which would TOTALLY transform the car. Konis, springs, front and rear whiteline anti roll bars etc and have a lot more fun and enjoyment from the car.

Depends if you're all about looks or performance really........your choice :)

Not wanting to stray off topic but £750 would get you a lot of suspension upgrades, which would TOTALLY transform the car. Konis, springs, front and rear whiteline anti roll bars etc and have a lot more fun and enjoyment from the car.

Depends if you're all about looks or performance really........your choice :)

yep but what if you already have all the tip top suspention? ;)

i have just make the mould up for some carbon fibre bonnets so might be able to have some extras made up. i will have to see about there cost cos i am only learning in collage at the mo.

Back