car wont start

i have posted this in the k11 by mistake as well

I am looking at my friends k12 micra and it will not start at all now.

It was brought to nissan dealer and it showed up rear 02 sensor faulty. She never got it changed as car was still going at time, then it stopped one day. I replaced the rear 02 sensor for her, but still the car wont start.

I have checked sparks, fuel (fuel coming out hose by engine but not sure on fuel presure going checking that next). The car could do with a service as normal engine sevice parts look rough, im also doing that during week just to elimate them as possibilites.

Thanks for any help.

search this forum, theres a slight problem with barrel, when u think the key is turned the whole way, it actually needs an extra bit of force to get it to start, lots of owners suffer from this, id be fairly confident thats it :D

Yes i know what u are on about i have felt that when i tried to start it. Im sure that im turning it fully. The engine is turning anyway so it would not be that. It is starting to wreck my head now. Im hoping the full service should start it cause everything in it is not that good,Air, Fuel, Oil filter,plugs, and oil change. If its not one of them it will be going back to nissan for another ecu diaqnostics.

Thank anyway it is something i noticed as well.

hey there i work for Nissan in Middlesbrough the most common problems that occur in k12's are cam and crank sensors chains and the rear oxygen sensor if the car hasn't got a good service history it may not have been serviced so the chains may have stretched putting the timing out and stopping the car firing unfortunately changing the chains is expensive and laborious as the engine has to come out hope this helps

Hi,i have nissan micra E 1.0L 2003. this week, car didnt start, i just put key into ignition, but didnt start all light flashng on dashboard but its not starting, no voice at all. I called road help,he looked car and unlock and start a car with my another key and car started. He told me , my key is jammed. After 3 days situation again came, with another key, i couldnt not start a car, only when someobody will push my car i can go. Today i went to nissan dealer to find a fault, they told me this is ignition switch which is damage, but i'm still thinking, if its was a switch why another key was woking for 3 days, then everything goes off?
Nissan people told me, this is not a fault of the key.
What do you think about this? tomorrow i have appoitment for fixing it-ignition switch(190 pound), they also told me to change ignition barrel which cost 500 pound. Im in shocked a lil, coz this is half price of my car !Please if you could help me, im ready to change a switch, but its worth it, maybe something different causing a problem?
Another case is my ABS light is constantly flashing, when im starting a car i heard some noice like metal hitting something (tic,tic, tic) also radio giving this voice if its on. After when i reach a speed , after maybe 5 min drive, voice is gone, radio working normal, but ~ABS flashing all the time.
Its there any connecton to this? i mean this two cases can be connected to each other?
I really appreciate your help, if you could answer today, please. Regards.

Hey i have this issue and changed ignition switch myself. They are only £40 but still didnt resolve issue. Did you get to the bottom of this

Back