Car Vandalism

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rusty

Hey,
Well my car got vandalised yesterday (Friday) and I wondered if anyone else has any vandlism tales to tell? I was very lucky really in the fact that the paint work didn't get scrathed or dented. The bleepers ripped off both front and back wiper arms and completely mashed both side mirrors. The wipers required new motors as they were completely bent/snapped. Needless to say I was fuming after getting back from clubbing last night. grr

First time the 'ol K10 has been vandalised (worth pointing out there was lots of cars on the road that didn't get touched) so I am more concerned now! My motor has no alarm etc, and I wonder if I should install one? Very glad I removed my head unit or they may well have broken in. :eek: :(

Rhys

Hi,

My car has been vanadlised before. Somebody once stole my foglights out of my grill, and then about a week after they snapped my back number plate off when it was parked in front of my house! It cost me £18 for a new plate! On my last car, somebody put a big punch park in the boot. :(

Then most recently, I have found found 2 seperate spit marks on 2 different occassions... usually after I have polished it. :(

Since then I have converted my garden to park my cars in, and now I've got my K10, Skyline and Corsa all in the garden. :D

-Elliot

i live on a main road near 4 pubs and its the route home for many clubbers...

one day at 2ish a group of lads were pi$$ing bout outside and i heard them talking bout crud granny car... so i thoght oh no..

look outside and one of them absoulutly booted the wing mirror off... i was grr, to say the least...
but didnt want to get poo kicked out of me by group of drunks...

what can you do though??? not much... i want a garage though...

Luckliy never had anything done to me, but i've heard of some of my friends cars getting done, and it wasn't much fun for them.

Thinking of which, think quickys white K10 got paint stripper on it a few weeks ago ... :(

yus whilst in blackpool.

however not a single thing has ever happened to ne of my cars whilst they been out my front

That must be devistating having something like that done. All that time, money and effort spent and it just gets trashed :(

Luckily my car's never been touched where i live, its not a bad area, but i worry sometimes taking it to rougher neighbourhoods.. I havent got fully comp insurance yet either so i wouldnt be able to claim on any serious damage if it happened to me

Luckily, i've never had any major vandalism done to any of my cars. I had windscreen wipers nicked and a Cooper badge taken off my first Mini. It was parked in an NCP car park in Bristol with BMW's Merc's and other way nicer cars all around and someone decided to take a plastic Cooper badge off a Brown Mini. NCP guy's were like "nothing we can do mate"!

Who's the bigger t**t? NCP car park wardens or the idiots who stole the badge?

CCTV my arse!

I've had to put in 3 new windows (last one yesterday morning!) and replace a door
Doordamage002.jpg

Not through mere vandalism but breaking in to the car. grr Makes me sick after all the work you put into it. Selfish TWOC'ing *not very nice people*

someone keyed down the side of my dads car then mine and another time someone spat on my door handle, they are jealous sad people

Andrew said:
climbinghutch said:
Who's the bigger t**t? NCP car park wardens or the idiots who stole the badge?

CCTV my arse!

What did you expect them to do?

Well you'd expect staff to watch out for dodgey suspects and question them if they're hanging around etc and move them on before any damage has been done.. but thats highly unlikely to happen this day and age.

Arnold said:
Well you'd expect staff to watch out for dodgey suspects and question them if they're hanging around etc and move them on before any damage has been done.. but thats highly unlikely to happen this day and age.

Most of the people round here look dodgy, but you can't question and move all of them on... as most of them are legitimate car park users. Some car parks round here have trained security staff or patrols, but they are accordingly more expensive, and no one parks in them, until the price is lowered, and then there are no security staff because it doesn't fit in the budget. It's one of those things you can't really have both ways.

K11_Dave said:
I've had to put in 3 new windows (last one yesterday morning!) and replace a door
Doordamage002.jpg

Not through mere vandalism but breaking in to the car. grr Makes me sick after all the work you put into it. Selfish TWOC'ing *not very nice people*

bloody hell..that is ridicilous..

i dont think my car has had much done to it since i have had it but when i brought the car there was literally a dent on every pannel and even on the roof..so it seems as thought someone stood on the bonnet and climbed over the car..my boot is also completly dented!

i havent had much go wrong yet though..

bloody hell..that is ridicilous..

[/quote]
thats how most cars get broken into,,ive bin luky so far with mine but i can remember someone on the msc had the backbox stolen! ,,if they want it they will have it no matter wot alarm you have fitted

Unless you plug your car into the mains.

RE: RE: Car Vandalism

Ed said:
Unless you plug your car into the mains.

What about foil strips under the handle connected to a yellow top in the boot? fwn

Someone has tried to peel my playboy bunny off:( noticed it the other day :(
but thats the only vandalism iv had to my car so quite lucky really!!

all i got was my car paint balled and the dust caps nicked...

it's not so much the damage but the fact that they chose my car to trash... why not the people who don't care about there cars?

i have just today started looking at clifford alarms. they are soo cool. you can start your car by remote!!

everybody without an alarm go to http://www.cliffordalarm.co.uk

I think a clifford alarm is going to one of the first things I buy when I start my placement job in the next month or two. :)

def worth it. check the web site, not bad prices and aparently you can upgrade later when you have more money... also free fitting :)

oh and they have a pay in installments system too,

there number is 08007832165 if anyone's interested :)

but an alarm is just going to tell you that your cars bin vandalised,not going to stop them puuting a scratch on the paint or a brick through the window is it??

and even if sumone is going to try and steel yur car they know wot they are doing and probly know you have an alarm installed and wot model it is and how to go about stoping it,,car thiefs are proffesionals and dont mess around

there are some pretty good systems out now and you can always do a custom imobaliser that they won't have come across...

although it doesn't stop vandelisem it does help because if the alarm goes off then they run away :)

but personally i'd hire a hitman to watch the car 24/7 hehe

but saying that,,a car thief that knows wot hed doin wont go for a micra,probly more like a bmw, etc,,,

its teenage joyriders that are attracted to our cars so it probly wuld help cos they dunno wot there doin!lol

best thing to do is keep it in a garrage,if you have one and a snap off steering wheel,,r take the ecu out like ill be doin wen it bak on the road :)

I recently bought a K10 on the cheap that has been really abused by vandals and theives.

There are loads of small dents everywhere from people kicking it.
The door had been bent back
The radio/cassette had been stolen
They had messed around with the steering wheel so much that the steering wheel lock made the wheel jam
They had totally mucked up the ignition barrell.

All this just to steal a J Reg micra - and the lady I bought it from didnt even live in a bad area.

My old K10 was also subject to vandalism - it had paint stripper poured on the top by some stupid thugs - the thing is, it wasnt even modded.

I dont even think its jealousy - it just people have got nothing better to do than hang around in the streets & think its funny to ruin other peoples possessions.

CrazyMike said:
I dont even think its jealousy - it just people have got nothing better to do than hang around in the streets & think its funny to ruin other peoples possessions.

Completely agree

On another note, you could try that protective film stuff across your windows to prevent them getting smashed. Theres some stuff out there thats bullet proof to some degree, and even tho the glass may crack, it will be held together and wont give way to constant attack. Its probably alot to buy and install across all your windows.

An immobiliser would be good too. Micras im sure are easy joyride targets.. but i've got one fitted and its great! car wont go anywhere unless the alarm's been disabled.. cheap to buy aswell

another good thing to have is a steering lock, disklok style thing. theives dont tend to break in if they have a steering lock fitted.

oh and it was me who had my exhaust thing nicked

Those steering lock things are only really a deterrent, if you want the car and it has one of those, you can get most of them off in less than a minute with the correct tools.

RE: RE: Car Vandalism

Arnold said:
Completely agree

On another note, you could try that protective film stuff across your windows to prevent them getting smashed. Theres some stuff out there thats bullet proof to some degree, and even tho the glass may crack, it will be held together and wont give way to constant attack. Its probably alot to buy and install across all your windows.

;) FoliaTec Secur Lux. Ordered some Monday, got it Tuesday. £40 for two front windows' worth.
foliatec.jpg

Haven't got round to fitting it yet though. Will be easy on front windows - can pull them out then it's just smoothed on like a tint

Had a back window smashed in my old car to nick my stereo in Boro, and some scallies who we always have trouble with decided it would be funny to kick my headlight in, so I went out and had a word and they aint touched it since hehe. :p They also did the same to G's, smashed mirrors, and dented the bonnet. grr

Those steering lock things are only really a deterrent, if you want the car and it has one of those, you can get most of them off in less than a minute with the correct tools.

not so true, i have a book somewhere which as the best locks in it, some the professionals couldnt remove, best one i think was the disclok, then autolok 2000.

they had to drill the lock for over 30mins to remove the autolok, but if someone is sat in ur car at 2.30am drilling ud have to be knocked out not to hear them!

RE: RE: RE: Car Vandalism

K11_Dave said:
Haven't got round to fitting it yet though. Will be easy on front windows - can pull them out then it's just smoothed on like a tint

Bollock, arse **** grr I take back the easy part. The film is really thick and doesn't flex too easy on the curved windows. Peeled it off to start again, it creased in the middle and there's £20 down the drain :down: Gonna take the other window to a tinting place to see if they have any joy.

ive had one of my wing mirrors kicked off, and one attempted to be kicked off, and one huge dent put on the bonnet. Also a few scuffs off shoes were left on the paintwork, which easily washed off but still...

steering locks are ok(the one i have is good) but i want a snap off wheel,cost more but its a mod,and you dont have a big steering lock rattleing about the car

i have had my car vandlise 6 times and it has been broke into twice i had my door mirrors smatched i had 2 neons riped off and my side reptors scratch on the drivers side back pannel big number 7 on the bonnet i have had my front windscreen cut out i had 2 subs and 2 amps my cd player taken and my door speakers riped out and he was trying 2 take the hole car but he failed cos i disnect the negtive lead off the battery every nite

micras are awlays victims.... my car gets the odd vandel but reading this post i'm actually quite lucky as i haven't has to fork out more than £50 lol,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back