Car stopping by itself

Scouse boy

Buy & Sell Member
Hey guys, ive got a little super s on a '95' and recently when im driving the car is feeling as if it is sticking a bit. Ok so by this i mean, when i go about 2mph and let go of brake the car will come to a stop by itself. Also the front brake can be squeeky now and then. Is it a job of replacing pad / discs or is it the handbrake? im so lost and need my little baby fixing...

thanks for any advice in advance guys :)
Craig

How do I go about that frank? it happens all the time i.e morning too... ooo sticking calipers? that could be a possibility young Jackson

How do I go about that frank? it happens all the time i.e morning too... ooo sticking calipers? that could be a possibility young Jackson

just take it for a 5 minute run and try not to use the brakes heavily, then feel the middle of the wheels (1 hotter wheel points to a sticking caliper or cable)

Erm there was no temp difference Frank, but I decided to stop the car with the handbrake off... then slowly pushed the car back and forward and I can hear a "shhhhhhhh" noise coming from the front drivers side. Sticky caliper?

Erm there was no temp difference Frank, but I decided to stop the car with the handbrake off... then slowly pushed the car back and forward and I can hear a "shhhhhhhh" noise coming from the front drivers side. Sticky caliper?

probably no pads left craig :eek: you,re best to take the wheels off and check the pads and discs really (1 excessively worn pad will indicate a sticking caliper)

Really? it was squeaking at one point but just assumed it was me being over-cautious... this is not cool is it? damn car, are you free by any chance tomorrow Frank? Im at coventry so have no tools with me at all

you free after that? sorry to be a pain and just tell me ###### off if im being a pain, but its been bugging me for a few days now :(

awesome! have you got my number to txt me Frank? plus you can have a little gander at the new car... this is the 5th believe it or not. Got a few things to discuss with you too. Thanks mate

lol, my old phone only holds about 10 texts craig, so no, pm sent
edit, can you email me craig f__l@ hot......co.uk

Back