Car unlocks itself...

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
If any of you have had the pleasure of having to park your car in slough (biggest skum pit on the planet) you are probably aware of how it feels to come to your car in the morning to see a big hole drilled under the door lock...

either way my central locking seems to work fine, as does the drivers door lock but the passenger door lock which they drilled under doesnt seem to work at all.... This is fine by me.

But sinse then the car has occasionally and randomly unlocked itself (during the night)...

Any ideas?

I cant afford new locks etc so the car might be broken or sold if thats the case. Clearly having a project car is a stupid idea unless you have a garage.

oh dear mate sorry to hear about this have you got a pic of what the damage is from outside and inside the door so you will have to take your door card off

maybe water is getting in and causing a few issues with the electrics of the door motor?

could be i guess... was damp last night. might try taking the fuse out and then whip the door card off and see what can be done... frustrating though!!

well when i pressed the unlock button on my key the drivers side actuator wouldnt work it would unlock the passenger side then idmedatly lock it again but it would unlock when using the key so i took the door card off and took the actuator apart dried it up cleaned up the contacts etc and checked it worked spot on and it did so i put it all back togeather so it could be a case of the contacts not working properly mate and that is if it is the actuator they might have snapped the pole that attatches to the lock if the lock doesnt work mate get some pics up and we can tell you what has happened

Back