car probs and more car probs!

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
my car is really bugging me!grr first up the judder monster is back! its started stuttering again! The battery is always going flat! im not sure if its the alternator or what because the tim gauge is showing about 13- 13.5v when driving but the battery isnt charging much at all. also this morning the car started fine i got about half a mile down the road and the car started dying, it would pick up slightly then die again i had to get off the road by reving it ease off the clutch slightly move a few foot and do it again although it eventually picked up and has been okay since (2nd time its happend). not to mention the hand brake needs adjusting the hand brake light in the dash doesnt work since i took it apart and i snapped the interior light connection piece! grr also im using a 1200watt and a 400watt amplifier is this enough drain on the battery to prevent it charging? and does a power cap make a difference?

check the earth on the amp mate, the battery in the super s ( i assume you mean that one) was one i got off paul and TBH it was only to get me by as the battery wayne has on the car wasnt even the right size. so id prob say thats the prob. the tim gauge should be around 13-15 volts normally, its not uncommon also for the alternators on k10's to go if you put them under heavy power load ive killed 2 so far

hey matt happy b'day n that! hope u aint home on the pc! how can the amp earth affect the car? also what are the disconnected cables from the alt. for (ECC)? im really confused the alt. is working but the battery isn't charging! (or very much any ways!) ive tried changing the battery but that didnt make a difference, and if i give it a low current charge for a few hours before and its still dead by the time i finish work, if i keep having to charge the thing its gunna kill the batteries. and its really p###in me off havin to keep an extension lead and battery charger in the car!

sounds like a few cells in the battery are dead mate, take a picture of these disconected cables i didnt have to do anthing to the alterator in relation to the ECC system, perhaps thats what the prob is

get some pics up mate and i'll let you know what the prob is :)

you replaced the sill yet?

ye my uncle did the sill for me as hes a welder, he said it should have been done ages before! iirc wasnt it marks ss that the rust was really bad and had gone right through? its still juddering now i aint fixed it yet n i need to sort it, im driving to newquay in a few weeks and dont fancy chugging all the way there. if the weather is good il post pics tommorow.

changed the battery yesterday got a fat one in now had to botch a new plate to go over the top because the old one didnt fit over, it doesnt sit in the tray but it aint moving anywhere! going to get some ngk plugs now to try and get rid of the judder monster!! also found out that if my system is over 28 vol. it drains the battery as i drive! possibly the reason its always flat!

its okay now! i dont know what was wrong but its okay!!! going to do the plugs now take a drive if it judders change the leads, also gotta strip the system 2day so i can fit stuff in my boot! and clean it! its quite filthy inside and out! dont think ud be happy if you saw it matt! might try n get sum oics today 2.

Back