K11 Probs

Hey Guys, new to the forum here, so please take it easy on me....

We've got a 2002 K11 1.0, done 101k, thats a bit ill.
The dash is lit up like an xmas tree (quite appropriate of late), and we've just been stung the usual £75+VAT by Nissan to find out whats wrong with it... Some advice would be great....

1) Airbag light is on, Nissan advise new airbag & control unit required. How safe is buying a used set on eBay? Are they a PITA to fit? (Nissan want £900 just for parts)

2) EML light is on, Nissan advising needs oxygen sensor. Was going to get one myself and fit it (if I can get the old one off without oxyacetylene!)

3) Central locking locks car pretty much straight after you get in. Nissan advise needs new door acuators due to water ingress. Can these be repaired, or would it just be the usual trawl for decent used spares?

and finally.... if I do swap out these parts, will the car need to go into Nissan again to have the faults lights cleared or will they self clear?

I know it seems alot of bother for an old(ish) car, but we've just put a new clutch and four new tyres on it recently and would like it to last a bit yet....

All help much appreciated, I apolagise for the lengthy first post..
Cheers, Kev.

hi kev :)
mine has an almera gti steering wheel, and the airbag checklight operates ok, you just need to centralise the ribbon/spool thingy eh,
and yours should have 2 lambda sensors.

Kev,

I would get to the bottom of the engine light first, just to establish that it is just the O2 sensor and not something worse.( Lots of previous postings about where to get those - not from Nissan!) There's no point doing all the other stuff only to find the engine is dying.

Nissan have said its the rear sensor (ie after the cat), but it may be out due to the hole in the exhaust! Going to get a spare exhaust part from euro car parts and see if that helps, if not, new sensor. I've seen them for around £45 on eBay (4 wire correct?)

Back