Car paint

37h4n

Ex. Club Member
Im wanting to have my K10 in red how easy would it be for me to do this and where would i get everything from?

I had a go at spraying the wheel arch on my metro when i had to repair it, it was a right bodge job by the time i finished! Mainly because i couldnt be bothered to sand down and prime it first! I was thinking of spraying my whole micra too but i thought it would be too much to do with just spray cans

its really not that easy, theres alot of preparation to be done and if your a novice then there really isnt much point in spending alot of money and then coming out with a bad paint job at the end. for the amount of money you would spend, paints, compressor etc. your better off just getting a proffesional job done.

I think £200 would be the very least i imagine, i used to work at a body repair shop but i cant for the life of me remember what they charged, and obviously if you want metallics its going to start costing you an arm and a leg, but then its preferable to ending up with runs etc! One thing i was wondering is, ive seen a few people on here who have sprayed their engine covers, i can only find black or red paint, any ideas as to where to have a look?

200pound would just buy the materials and paint ect>> a lot of prepwork in changing colour inside doors, bootlid, bonnet.

my misses,s k11 was painted last year with local autopaint 2k paint (1,1/2 l @ £35, hardener @ £6, self mask and £100 mate,s rate lowbake).
and we used to have a local trader quote £100 all in (but only in the colours that were on his dulux colour chart :p )

Back