Paint Colour & spray tips!

T

Tesla

This may sound like a stupid question but here goes...

Have a Micra K10 that too me looks gold. In halfords they do a can of "Nissan Gold".

What I would like to know is did/do Nissan have different shades of gold? Or will the gold can in halfords be a good match?

Also, any tips when spraying. I have a rust patch so am going to do the following.

Rub down the rust removing it.
Treat the hole with rust chemicals.
Mix some filler and use it.
Key the entire door.
Mask all round the car (where can I get paper to mask up the car?)

I am unsure how many layers I need? Two undercoat and 3 top coat, then a layer of laquer. And between each layer should i go over with 800 wet and dry?

Also do i use the wet and dry between the final top coat and the coat of laquer?

Thanks,

Chris

Well before you go looking for any old Nissan Gold, check the colour code on your VIN plate. For example, mine says 526 K (526 being the paint code - red, K being the interior style).

The Halfords can should have a code number after the word gold, like the one next to me says "Nissan Red 526". If it doesn't, try asking them instore, or go elsewhere :)

Hope this helps,
James.

The gold in halfords will not be a match, the colour you want is 'Metallic Beige', colour 225c from the nissan garage :D

Thats ok. When you say nissan garage you mean car sales dealership?

Just walk in and ask for it? Do they stock it or will have to order?

I'm going to go fiddle with the choke now so will check the VIN for the paint code.

tbh if iwere you i wouldnt bother resraying the door you could get another door from the scrappies for about £20, and sraying body work with spray cans nevers looks good always dull cos the paints not thick enough. so either get it painted pro of just replace the door which is very easy to do

Thats ok. When you say nissan garage you mean car sales dealership?

Just walk in and ask for it? Do they stock it or will have to order?

Yep your local Nissan dealer, there should be a parts desk/counter they will probably ask for your chassis number. Its likely they will have to order it in.

Back