Car is primed!!!! pics

K

K11_Dave

Still not decided on colour yet, so given the good weather thought i'd prime it anyhow.
spray1.jpg

But to be honest, I am quite liking the colour of the filler/primer!!

spray3.jpg

spray4.jpg

spray5.jpg

how about the 350z gt4 metalic yellow. loos awesome. but expensive i imagine. could have a gt4 micra then.

RE: RE: Car is primed!!!! pics

super_s said:
ford rs imperial blue

Rik said:
nissan metalic grey

Am going for a light colour again - hopefully not too far away from the white it used to be. Nothing to do with the fact that i'm too lazy to do a proper job inside the doors, engine bay and boot :laugh:

Beachboy said:
how about the 350z gt4 metalic yellow. loos awesome. but expensive i imagine. could have a gt4 micra then.

GT4 micra!! :love: would need to sort the engine to back it up then tho :blush:

i c wot ya mean with the inside doors etc,,,ide be the same and it wont look daft either if ya do it that way,,whites cool anyway

I actually like the colour of the primer lol i think its quite smart, if that was a nice shine on it i think it wud be pretty neat!

go for a very light colour mate as it will not show up the ripples etc that all cars have when they have had work done to them!!

lighter colours hide this better :)

looks good but the only that llooks weird is the back number plate, if youve smooth the rest, why have it there?

Attachments

• DSCF0291.JPG
    DSCF0291.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 188
the light blue one is well nice, i also couldnt understand the logic in smoothing the boot then leaving the plate there but hey its your car. i think you have already explained why to me. That back bumper work is well nice, shows what you can do with a l;ittle effort and imagination

quite a cool looking ps there. I never realised that the front of the nme had that bit missing for the tow bar thing, think it rather spoils the front end - do u know where you can get those arches from and are they the same as the ones Gav had?

over spray is a killer. best to combat it is to soak the floor prior to spraying :)
tip for ya at later date ;)

stop the over spray sticking to the floor :)

quickdraw said:
only have one major issue

speak to G regarding those wingmirrors!!!

yesh, think it may jus be mine tho wayne

car looks good, i would say go for a brightish yelow colour, maybe with a carbon bonnet mmmm

hughes_16v said:
lookin good, i still say would look good yellow! oh and where did u get the bumpers from? look good!
front bumper was from a scrapped SR with new shaped clio splitter, rear bumper is original, with a bit of Fiesta :p

quickdraw said:
over spray is a killer. best to combat it is to soak the floor prior to spraying
Definitely remember that one for next time - coming from much experience aswell there!! Will certainly keep in mind about the lighter coloured paints and un-eveness!

Big_ben said:
i also couldnt understand the logic in smoothing the boot then leaving the plate there
JayY said:
looks good but the only that llooks weird is the back number plate, if youve smooth the rest, why have it there?
Re-locating the plate - although it looks well smart, don't get me wrong - did cross my mind, but how many like that do you see vs how many you see with a back - lit reg?

quickdraw said:
speak to G regarding those wingmirrors!!!
What's up with the mirrors? I knew G had same ones on his red K11. Had issues with the LEDs so took 'em out - repositioning in progress and bugger to get hold of replacement glass, but was there something else?

Basically on his the baseplates prevent him from seeing pretty much anything from the standard driving position lol. If the baseplates are done right there should be no problem with this though. :) Still think the light blue would look sweet. :D

micra man said:
Basically on his the baseplates prevent him from seeing pretty much anything from the standard driving position lol. If the baseplates are done right there should be no problem with this though. :) Still think the light blue would look sweet. :D

Haha, yep, i'll agree with that one!! Was more interested in getting the baseplates looking right :laugh: Whoever next puts a set on, i'd recommend getting a mate to hold them in place while you're in the car and pencil around them when you can see something - cos i've seen a dead elephant move more than those mirrors will o_O

Quicky, can you hop on MSN a sec? want to ask you about a certain paint

JayY said:

i agree... maybe a square plate to left side of bumper... the back plate need lights for mot pass!!! as i found out after i flush my boot...

most peeps have said gt4 yellow... i think yes if you are up for something special.. if not(budget)... go for white... white is always an eyecatcher when clean in summer or winter... lovely...

It was white and if your gonna respray, why go the same colour?? go for a real head turner colour, MG blue

there is a point to repraying the same colour though because there is no uneven fade and it looks fresh.... amanda says shes gonna get it sprayed (again) since her monthly wage packet nearly doubled :eek:

Ian

mine nearly had a full respray the same colour ,apart from the bonnet and front bumper

there is a BIG reason to spray the same colour.

1 all the interior stays the same.
everything exterior is then the same colour.
and especially white. makes the car look fresh as can be. and a refreshed resprayed white car. look extremely nice

Attachments

• Honda S2000 copy.jpg
    Honda S2000 copy.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 184
Back