Car has more power???

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Recently my car has become a lot more powerful (i'd say at a guess 5% better at acceleration plus a better top speed.
The thing is I haven't done anything to it. Any ideas?

One theory I had was when I missed 5th and it revved up off the scale (8000RPM +) I decoked the engine or sommat lol

Oh yeah it's not using any more fuel

Yeah but that should make it run lean as it's carbed and doesn't adjust the fueling to suit air temp. Allthough it does run quite rich most of the time

Its strange, my car seems to be more powerful, but it seems to be drinking more and more fuel every day, im sure somethings wrong :(

lol. I had mine at nearly 60 in second when it worked (broke due to work I did on it, the engine was absolutely fine before that). wouldn't advise trying it too much though, and definitely not before the engine's warmed up. also reached 95 in 3rd on a bit of a downhill once (indicated, not actual) but that was some way above 7000rpm, didn't dare do that again.
I miss that car so much, and i've been keeping an eye out for an engine from an mot failure or something like that. deisels are nowhere near as fun

I miss that car so much, and i've been keeping an eye out for an engine from an mot failure or something like that. deisels are nowhere near as fun

My k10 will be available in march, not gunna bother trying for another mot but would probs pass with little work

Back