Car died today

Hi

Was going along an a road doing 55/60 car just cut out and died. Wont start now, it wont turn over properly.

It literally sounds like only half the engine is working. Its not trying to fire. You can hear the starter motor turning but its not doing much else. Ive checked caps and leads etc and there is nothing obvious. Its not the battery as i say i was moving. It havent accidently put deseil in and i cant really think of much else.

Possibly the timing chain? How do i remove the engine viewing panel on the side? Would it be easier to remove rocker cover?

Also dont think its damp

Many Thanks

No it wont start now after conking out on a dual carriageway. I will double check fuses tomorrow.

Its a different kind of sound to when the battery has died its more of a whirring sound

the starter motor appears to be moving when the key is turned?

Also, as i say the car was started and moving so i dont see how it could be the starter motor as id assume this would be obsolete once the car is moving and the engine is firing?

it probably got to this stage (same as my super s, and agilecanon,s 1.3)...............and then let go

003.jpg

Back