car didn't start this morning

alien10

Ex. Club Member
right last month i got some ht leads of daveeeeee and a new dizzy cap of fleebay.

yesterday afternoon i installed them, start'd up the car first time.

this morning i've gone to get in the car and it didn't start at all, had to use my wifes ford ka (which i hate driving)

any one got any clues

need some more info than that mate could be a million things....

first does it turn over?
is their a spark?
is fuel going into the carb?

check that the lead coming from the coil hasnt fallen off, this happened when i put some new ones on mine....

Then check the dizzy is ok, then go through the other things like spark etc... i would always check the things ive just changed!

right ive gone back on my self, i've put the old dizzy cap and ht leads back on and still nothing, so i've put the new ones back on.

theres fuel going to the carb, can't get the sparks out havn't got a spark socket thingie, so i don't know if its them.

really need my car too

got a spare spark plug? Put that in the HT lead and hold it to the body with a pair of insulated pliers, get someone else to turn over the engine and don't shock yourself, it hurts.

not got a spare spark, halfords is open till 8 might go down there and get some new one's.

does any one know which sparks i need and what size spark socket i need to get the old one's out

iam ok now, mate came round to help me

the sparks go in order 1 3 4 2, i never knew that

its now sort'd and fires up first time, better then it did before

cheers for the help guys

i did, just didn't release they went in a set order, mate laught so hard he nearly wet himself lol

at lease i know now for next time lol

daft question, how do i get the sparks out for when i need to get some new ones, what size spark socket do i use, and iam right in saying that NGK V-Groove 504 sparks with the white label on the box are the best ones for the k10 MA12 engine

spark plugs are all pretty much the same size. there is a smaller sixe but isnt used much. U can get spark plug spanners from halfords etc.

those 504 are fine...thats what i use im my ma10, and the socket is 19mm iirc, sometimes the halfords "spark plug" socket is too bulky to fit round the spark plug ;)

The halfords sparkplug tool was too bulky to remove one of the sparkplugs last time I tried. I use a sparkplug socket.

Back