Car audio query

pixieness

Ex. Club Member
Hello!

Just got my wee Micra, "Dante", and he's the first Micra I've ever owned so forgive me if I seem to be asking some pretty damn stupid questions.

At the moment I've got a cassette player in there, which I will - in time - upgrade to a CD player. That's not the main priority, however: the main issue I've got right now is the fact that the driver's door speaker doesn't work! I have absolutely no concept of how I might even START repairing it - since I'm about as good with mechanics as children are with matches.

Can anybody suggest to me either
(a) how much/difficult it would be to buy a new speaker set and replace them myself? Or, rather, get a big strong male friend to do it for me. :laugh:
or (b) how much it would cost to get a garage to source the equipment for me and replace the speaker?

What's the best thing I should do? Cheers, Katy x

You're probably best off buying a pair of uprated speakers, the K11 uses 17cm speakers, and a relatively good pair will set you back about £40, but you'd probably pay that from Nissan to get standard replacements anyway!

Depending on the model of your car the doorcards can be a bit difficult to get off (if they have a little plastic thing that overlaps over the top of the window)

James.

That's awesome to know, thanks James :laugh: Hopefully I'll get my car sorted out, the sound quality is terrible! I've noticed someone else on here querying the quality of the cassette player, which is what I've got. And yes, it's appalling.

I'd be happy to look into the speaker problem but I'd probably end up breaking your door cards lol :p If you need any help fitting the head unit or even a sub let me know and I'll come and help as Hertford isn't far from me at all.

Back