Car alarm..

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
can anyone recomend one for around 80-100 quid..cheers..

*EDIT* web address to product would be helpful as well.o_O

your in luck, Ive just had a Toad alarm fitted cuple weeks back. So was sifting through the net 24/7 before hand.

Well for that kinda price your suggesting, im guessing you gonna fit it yourself right??

well then the cheapest site I found for alarms was this one:

dcp-shop.co.uk

You'll see around 6 systems on that page within ur budget, I don't know anything about Microscan alarms, but I do know that you can get them from Argos and well....would u buy an alarm for ur pride and joy from Argos??? I wouldn't, I personally would avoid that one.

Ive got the Toad Ai606, with all but one, of its add on features, cost an arm and a leg but well worth it I reckon (not from the above site though).

I have one of those car alarms fitted from argos! its great!

i have the untrasonic alarm kit, so if there is any movement in the car the alarm sounds. also included in these kits are very clear instructions on how to fit, and if you have any problems there is a technical support line.

I must say the cost of the call to these numbers are terrible your lookin at 1.50 a min easily!

This alarm have stopped people knicking my car twice now! not to say that no damaged was caused but show me an alarm that sounds before the criminal have touched your car!

i'd buy another of these!

lol, i was actually lookin at the ones from argos..they claim to be "easy fitting" my mate would get me 10% off aswell, so i might just go with them..is the alarm well sensitive though, like if it is a really windy day or something will it go off?! lol

very easy to fit.

onect the red power cable to the battery! earth wire to the bodywork! (make a clea connection) Indicator cables to the hard warning wires, door sensor wire to the wiring for the interior light and thats that! i think! then its a case of mounting the ultrasonic control box behing the glove box running sensors from the front pillars down to the box and conect the box to the alarm unit!

took me bout 1hr30mins.
i havent had any problems with wind! touch wood!

You can select the level of sensitivity on the ultrasonics!

Also you can also get an add on part to connect the system to your central locking to make it remote central locking! but i dont have central locking!

The compete system is cheap as chips!

try ebay as well. theres some cheap but good ones on there. type in CAR SECURITY.

i got my alarm from argos as wel. but not the ultrasonic one, its the lower model. fitting a disc-lock as well on ur steering wheel will stop theives. mind i also have a big german shepherd that goes n barks at the window if it hears out lol.

Like I said, I have no experience with Microscan alarms or any other alarms avialable from Argos for that matter. :)

*James* said:
show me an alarm that sounds before the criminal have touched your car!

I got the proximity sensor on mine, It doesn't sound the alarm, but bleeps at you if you go anywhere near the car, can be adjusted also to how sensitive you want it, taking into considering that you don't want it too sensitive as wind/rain can make it go off. But its a perfect pre-warn facility.

Well really speaking any alarm is better than no alarm, that maplin one aint bad for £40 Mat, good to have a battery backed siren too. Not heard of Shark before though.

DONT GO FOR THE CHEAPER ARGOS ONE!!! I had dat, it was 70 euro over here and it died! Their made wit indoor speakers as the siren so when they get damp from being in the engine bay they just die! After a month all i had left was a black box dat made a light flash inside the car, it was a silent alarm, dun nothing!

Dat one from malpin seems like a very good alarm, and da price is brilliant too! Shudnt b too hard to wire it up either if u hav a haynes manual r sumtin dat shows u the wiring around the fuse box, just stay away from dat cheaper argos one, the box it comes in is worth more than the alarm itself!

the maplin one seems the way to go then, it also means i can conect it up to my central locking! remote central locking for under £55 (i got the cl in a maplin sale for £15)

Yeah, id defo go for da malpin one, if wired up properly ur car will go nowhere!!! (unless u want it to of course, i mean it will go nowhere by anyone else!)

ive got the maplin 1, well easy to use n add extras to it, i got it wird to my central locking so it arms and locks the car. quite loud as well.

bloody useless company maplin. i thought my alarm had arrived today, but no, instead, i get some ipod speakers worth £120 from them. and no, i didn't order them! bag of ****e. so now i'm gonna have to wait ages while i return it, they process it, get their act together and decide to send me the right damn thing grr

just keep the speakers its their mistake! and if they ask for them back then give them back.

have u not got a maplins anywhere near u to just go into?

yeah just checked. i have, didn't realise they had shops too!

i rang them and they were going to ring me back. but haven't as of yet. if they don't i'll just sell them on ebay and buy another alarm, i'll be quids in. should have thought of that first. damn.

If you just save up for a little bit, then you should go for a Toad Ai101. Its a really good alarm, and you also get remote central locking with it to.
Titch :kungfu:

iv already got remote central lockin titch:p ner ner ner

but yea silly jim should of thought of that:p
maplins opened near me a couple of years ago... id neva heard of it b4 that!

I tink me and micra man are the only K10 owners wit remote central lockin, u gona join the club?

p.s. if ur K10 has RCL prove me wrong!

i have RCL too, and that maplin alarm.
if your gunna get the alarm and use ur RCL u to get an interface thing for it too work, so you only have to use 1 fob.

Aw i tot we wer special, well ill just be the only K10 owner in IRELAND wit RCL!!

just use the fob u got wit da alarm and connect it to ur central lockin box! keep the old RCL fob sumwhere incase u eva need it again.

so where in the engine bay should i install the speaker? bearing in mind it'll have to be drilled in?

where have fellow K10 owners got theirs?

i have got mine on the left side (the battery side) ryt next to a grommet so all my wires go into the car.

Back