Cant Identify Part

Hi, I'm still trying to resolve the blower motor issue with my 2004 Micra.

The photographs show a yellow part that is part of the connection to the Blower motor in question. It appears that its some sort of a capacitor but am wondering if anybody knows more than my guess.

But aybe the part is OK?? When I attach my meter to the connector in the phtos and turn the fan switch on I get 11.4 Volts consistently so I also think that the switch etc is OK. Looking like the blower motor itself and that looks like a hell of a job to get out.

Anybody know better???

I've attached a few photos you can check out. Thanks guys..........John

Attachments

• PIC_0119.JPG
    PIC_0119.JPG
    333.6 KB · Views: 209
  • PIC_0123.JPG
    PIC_0123.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 208
  • PIC_0125.JPG
    PIC_0125.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 212
Blower Fan Motor Terminal Connections

Metal strips look like components of an over temperature thermal cut out assembly with transient suppression shunt capacitor.

Reference: http4734-micra-wds-pdf.19391

Pdf diagram number eight, item 87 thermal cutout.

Loose and overheated burnt press on connections & dry loose cable joints into connectors are common sources of open circuits and apparent motor failure.

Circuit continuity through the thermal cut out and motor winding need to be separately confirmed.

Voltage supply into and out of the thermal cut out needs to be verified,

1. whilst disconnected from the motor (no load)

2. whilst connected to the motor (on load)

3. NB, looking for 12 V (with fan speed selector set at maximum)

Hope this helps fault finding. Happy hunting.

Blower Fan Motor Terminal Connections

Metal strips look like components of an over temperature thermal cut out assembly with transient suppression shunt capacitor.

Reference: http4734-micra-wds-pdf.19391

Pdf diagram number eight, item 87 thermal cutout.

Loose and overheated burnt press on connections & dry loose cable joints into connectors are common sources of open circuits and apparent motor failure.

Circuit continuity through the thermal cut out and motor winding need to be separately confirmed.

Voltage supply into and out of the thermal cut out needs to be verified,

1. whilst disconnected from the motor (no load)

2. whilst connected to the motor (on load)

3. NB, looking for 12 V (with fan speed selector set at maximum)

Hope this helps fault finding. Happy hunting.

Thanks very much. I'll give it a go and post accordingly. Take care..................John

Back