Nissan Micra 2004 Blower Motor Removal

Nissan Micra 2004

Hello all, I'm hoping somebody could advise me how to remove and replace the blower motor.

It sometimes comes on when I first start the car but then seems to fade away. I've tried the switch on different settings but there's no difference. When its off, ITS OFF!!! I've replaced the resistor pack behind the cubbyhole but this has not cured the problem. I've also checked the fuses and the relay but they were all fine.

It appears that there might be a loose connection at the motor??? Maybe somebody knows better. I have also removed the top of the dash board and jiggled the wires around but nothing happened.

Lastly, on the left hand side under the dash board there is a small black box. Anybody know what this is??

I've enclosed a few photos for possible reference.

Anyway, I would be most grateful for any help on this...................John

Attachments

• PIC_0094.JPG
    PIC_0094.JPG
    404.9 KB · Views: 8,494
  • PIC_0095.JPG
    PIC_0095.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 2,969
  • PIC_0096.JPG
    PIC_0096.JPG
    448.4 KB · Views: 4,278
  • PIC_0097.JPG
    PIC_0097.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 8,600
  • PIC_0098.JPG
    PIC_0098.JPG
    608.4 KB · Views: 12,166
  • PIC_0099.JPG
    PIC_0099.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 3,769
  • PIC_0100.JPG
    PIC_0100.JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 8,037
Last edited:
Further to my first post, I have removed the radio section as I was told I could access the blower motor this way but seem to have drawn a blank. If anybody could tell me what to do from here I would really appreciate the help.

I have attached a couple of photos of the dash with the radio section removed.

Thanks a lot.....John

Attachments

• PIC_0106.JPG
    PIC_0106.JPG
    341.3 KB · Views: 2,851
  • PIC_0103.JPG
    PIC_0103.JPG
    338.8 KB · Views: 6,636
Further to my first post, I have removed the radio section as I was told I could access the blower motor this way but seem to have drawn a blank. If anybody could tell me what to do from here I would really appreciate the help.

I have attached a couple of photos of the dash with the radio section removed.

Thanks a lot.....John
hi just bought micra cc k12 2008 with a nackerd blower . i got a new blower but cant get to old one to replace.so i bought the manual and it turns out its the hardest job to do because the blower cant be taken out without removing the dash the stearing colum and more than 25 other componants. was quoted £400 at a garage and thats with me supplying the part and the manual lol. seams none has yet come up with an easy option of getting the bloody thing out without dismantling most of the car. hope someone solves this meanwhile i have bought a dashtop mini blower he he

Hi There,

New to this forum so any help will be greatly appreciated. I have the same problem with a Micra DCI 2006 model. The heater fan eventually stopped completely after just running on 2 speeds so i replaced the resistor pack (as this was a common fix) but still is not working. I can see that replacing the fan motor sounds like a nightmare job so if anyone could advise me to try anything else, like connectors, fuses (fuse not very likely i know), any advice would be appreciated. Or if someone has figured out a way of actually replacing the fan more easily!

Thanks very much - Rob

Hi There,

New to this forum so any help will be greatly appreciated. I have the same problem with a Micra DCI 2006 model. The heater fan eventually stopped completely after just running on 2 speeds so i replaced the resistor pack (as this was a common fix) but still is not working. I can see that replacing the fan motor sounds like a nightmare job so if anyone could advise me to try anything else, like connectors, fuses (fuse not very likely i know), any advice would be appreciated. Or if someone has figured out a way of actually replacing the fan more easily!

Thanks very much - Rob
I bought the manual and blower took to auto electrician he read manual and quoted me £350 so I went o. eBay and bought a 12 volt dash top blower for £12 . Plugs into cigarette lighter. Someone suggested taking peddles off to get blower out if you try that let me know lol

Back