Cant get stereo out

D

dozz

Standard Blaupunkt stereo will not budge, rather than force and break something what is the proper way to remove it?
cant see any holes or slots for removal tools.
Thanks, Dozz.

take out ashtray, two screws under this... pull off console fascia...

all will be apparent...

iirc four screws for headunit...

gear lever suround needs to be taken out,then tray under ash tray,then four screws hold the centre consol in take this out the four screws hold the head unit in,,,basicly take out the centre partd of the dash,

dont cut the wires off the connector blocks going into the head unit! you need these on

then job is a gooden !

Depending on your new HU it may need the original brackets of the old HU,
when i did mine i was a lil bit scared of dropping the head unit into the hole because of the space etc, so i would stick your hand round the back to hold it in place then screw it in place.

Sorted lads , 4 screws for centre console, unclip the switch plugs, 4 screws on stereo and bobs yer mothers brother, quick lookie at the plug, off to the local car accessory shop £7.99 later ready to slip back in with new harness.

BTW stereo sounds pretty good even with the standard fit front only speakers.

Stereo Speakers

I noticed that Dozz stereo speakers in-built are actually good for decent sound.

glad i found this topic as i have a new hu redy for when i get my k11 in jan :) also how easy is it to change the speakers?

paddymarsden said:
Depending on your new HU it may need the original brackets of the old HU,

The brackets on my old HU (the standard Blaupunkt one) are fixed to it and wont come off. Looks like I need to get a new cage for my new HU now then :(

It was dark and I had not looked hard enough.

Took out the torx screws and removed the brackets, but these wont fit any of my other head units.

If you have a non standard HU in, how did you fit it?

Attachments

• DSC00121.jpg
    DSC00121.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 189
You dont use them. You fit your new headunit's cage into the plastic centre console hole, and then push the new headunit into this cage to secure it :)

So I don't need to use the brakets then! Result

Looks like I will have to straighten up my old cage then :doh:

R05_Micra said:
mine just pulls out lol!

So does mine, i tried screwing it in, but it sat too far back, there was half an inch from the front of the console to the face of the headunit.

Back