can anyone shed any light on my problem?

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
i've just removed and refitted engine. i've made sure everything is connected and now i have no spark to the spark plugs. both connectors are plugged into the dizzy and nothing.

p11sr20 said:
no he hasn't tried any different parts as they were all working fine before removal

but he can change parts, and may narrow down to where the fault is, they may have been damaged in fitting or removal or storage.

ollie240585 said:
Is there deff no spark coming from the plug? Or is this what you're presuming?
from what he told we earlier he thought it may have overfuelled as the engine was turning over but not firing.so he removed the plugs ,cleaned them up and checked for a spark from the plugs but there was nothing so he tried for one from the dizzy and still nothing

Alienfish360 said:
but he can change parts, and may narrow down to where the fault is, they may have been damaged in fitting or removal or storage.
he didn't have time to change anything as he's on nights

cheers for the offer of help ollie, but i think i know what it is. because the battery has been disconnected for 2 weeks, the ecu had lost the nats memory and when i try to start the car, the immobilizer isn't switching off. thus not spark.
i better call nissan to get them to re-code my keys.

EDIT:
(Y)sorted now. it wasn't the nats!!!
aparently (lol:blush:) it's possible to get the a plug for the dizzy mixed up with a plug for a sensor that comes out of the w/h at the same point!

cheers for comments and offers for help

Back