Can anyone help with my micra problem please?

stokie1985

Ex. Club Member
hi all, my names ryan and I own a white nissan micra boston 1litre 16valve. Its a fantastic little car and a joy to drive but recently when I am driving around corners theres like a rustling sound like if you scrunch up tin foil (thats the best way I can discribe!) and sometimes when I am just driving normal. But when the car is stationary with the engine running there is no noise. I thought it might just be vibrations around the manifold cover or something to to with my exhaust but as I am not a mechanic I am oblivious to what is actually wrong. can anyone help me as I love my micra and had to spend £300 for mot work recently and dont really fancy the idea of having to fork out more as I am currently out of work at the moment. any help will be appreciated. thank you.

ryan
white nissan micra boston 1.0litre 16valve

sounds like it could be the heat sheild for the second cat .......... where would you say this sound is coming from?

oh .... and welcome to the club ryan

I'm not quite sure where its coming from mate, it feels like its coming from the exhaust i think, i cant be sure though..there's no sound when I'm stationary with the engine running its just when I go around corners and when I'm pulling off and driving sometimes.

I aint quite sure where its coming from m8, it feels like its comin from the exhaust i think, i cant be sure though..theres no sound when I'm stationary with the engine running its just when I go around corners and when I'm pulling off and driving sometimes.

Sharp accelleration? usually happens just before you hit the limiter?? if so thats the same noise mine was makin :) and we checked everythin, from heat shields to exhaust brackets, in the end due to someother stuff we replaced the whole exhaust.

yeah its just before I reach the limiter m8. I noticed a hole in the front section of the exhaust. the first part that starts from the engine. do you know if theres anythin i could buy to put around it to cover the hole coz the hole is only the size of a 10pence piece????? or would putty work

I'll jack her up today sometime and post up a pic on here if not i will send one to your email if you send me your email in a private message. i appreciate all your help mate. ryan

ah well it aint ya lambda missing then if you need to jack it up to take a pic of the hole.... sounds like its the front pipe that has the hole in it . the pipe between your..(1st to 2nd cat )

msn.. [email protected] ..add or email i aint arsed :p

yeah I think its the front pipe. is it still safe to keep on driving my micra coz she sounds unwell wiv tht scrunchy sound but she runs ok if I giv her abit of uuuuumph. I wil try and get a pic of the hole 2moro or sun and email it u as soon as.

Just replace the exhaust as soon as possible before you end up ######ing up your engine, if you don't have the right back-pressure the piston rings will get damaged and that will cost you a hell of a lot more than an exhaust. And you shouldn't be taking the motor anywhere near the limiter!!! The micra k11 is a shopping car for grandma not a race car man.

Just replace the exhaust as soon as possible before you end up ######ing up your engine, if you don't have the right back-pressure the piston rings will get damaged and that will cost you a hell of a lot more than an exhaust. And you shouldn't be taking the motor anywhere near the limiter!!! The micra k11 is a shopping car for grandma not a race car man.

i dis-agree with all the above fwn

Back