can anybody lower my car for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny1.0l

Ex. Club Member
hi guys im going to be buying myself some 30mm lowering springs and was just wondering if anyone would fit them for me as im no good and dont own the proper tools or have any idea how to do a job as big as this

hope someone can help

i live in kent so someone local would benifit me but would travel about an hour away

danny1.0l (dan)

cud you not get any mates that could give you a hand with it, its pretty simple to diy it.
an hour n haf at the most

fronts
-jack up the front and take both wheels off
-under the bonnet theres two 12mm nuts on each side where the shockers mount to the car.
-take them off, then at the bottom of the shocker theres two 17mm bolts holding it to the hub.
-take them off, ( bit of wd40 and patience may be needed
-then pull the shocker out.
-(dont need spring compressesrs but they make it easier) take the nut at the top of the shocker off by clamping the top with vice grips and then taking the nut off. if you dont have spring compressers get something (a jumper) over the top mount and put all your body weight on it because the spring obviously wants to pop out ( this is a cowboy way but still works :D) then just take the old spring out and the new one in and do all that in reverse.

-the backs are easier
put the front back together
-jack up the back (use the toe hook so you get both sides up bit easier
-thak the cne things in the boot off to show the top of the rear shockers.
-get the nut off that like the front ones.
-the shockers will drop allowing you to push the break out the way (downward) pull the old springs out and stick the new ones in.

and put all back together and your dropped. :D
so if you get a mate to keep you rite and bump a few tool off you should be laffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back