1.0L Camshafts??

Stani1029

Club Member
hi i was wondering if i can get camshafts for my 1.0L K11 Micra?? if so ive read that my cams will have to be sent away or something, i dont really have a clue??

can anyone help?

cheers

hi i was wondering if i can get camshafts for my 1.0L K11 Micra?? if so ive read that my cams will have to be sent away or something, i dont really have a clue??

can anyone help?

cheers

Im pretty sure you can, but others will quote me on this.

I say yes, where from though, thats the trouble!

1.3 cams are a good upgrade for the 1.0's. Easy to fit and give a good gain in top end performance. Craig had some dyno print outs a long time ago and they showed very good torque gains. Standard 1.0's drop like a stone past 4000rpm, with the addition of 1.3 cams, it kept the torque up well into the 5000 range, which yeilded quite a bit of horsepower.

Piper do both fast road and ultimate road cams. As said they need shims machined. If you are interested in these then let me know.

get piper 1.3 cams for the 1.0 with the shims done as well.

with the ga16 tb and ga16 injectors and an apexi s-afc

now that will be impressive!!

Well, 254deg cams reportedly don't work very well in the 1.0's. 1.3's are cheap and proven. You'd be fine on standard injectors also. Flat out you can only reach 49% duration on a standard engine hehehe!

I may even have a set of cams spare.........will check next time I'm back home :)

im looking for the best option...would my cams have to be sent away if bought from piper??

Well, 254deg cams reportedly don't work very well in the 1.0's. 1.3's are cheap and proven. You'd be fine on standard injectors also. Flat out you can only reach 49% duration on a standard engine hehehe!

I may even have a set of cams spare.........will check next time I'm back home :)

if u do have a set i may buy them once i scrape up the money :blush:

also what else can i do to a 1.0L to make it quicker, i have a induction kit, power boost valve with a manifold and de-cat on the way :slm:

you will need a piggy back to see optimum gains from getting faster cams and exhaust system setup. the piggyback ecu will increase the maf value according to how much performance the rest of the components require for accurate performance

Unless it is located away from the heta of the engine it will be sucking up warmer air.

get piper 1.3 cams for the 1.0 with the shims done as well.

with the ga16 tb and ga16 injectors and an apexi s-afc

now that will be impressive!!

how much would the ga16 tb, ga16 injectors and apexi s-afc cost about and how will it affect the performance of the car??

cheers :wasntme:

People all tell a different story with regards to filter.. some say standard box with a panel filter,

Ive been told reliably that a filter on the TB is best for such a small engine in NA form..

i.e Non-Turbo..

A cold feed will help a smidgen but not much..

Its more noise than anything else..

The best unpgrade you can do is fit a 1.3 engine and 1.6ECU and a Janspeed 4,2,1 Manifold, in addition to a 1.6TB and FSE you will be looking at almost double your engine power from your 1.0 ( 55bhp ish to 100bhp ish )

Ive ran this set-up before.. Ive even done this conversion to a 1.0 before....

... and its by FAR the cheapest and most reliable change you can make for power..

You would do the lot for 350 in verygood/brand new parts

or 250 on a budget..

You will notice the difference instantly and it will be reliable, economical and sound.

Back