cams fo march...

CMF_nana

» CMF Member
hi you guys out there.. can anyone help me.. i have done up my engine and was thinking of upgrading racing cams.. but do we really need a set of adj cam gears for the high lift cams? was just wondering if it will affect much on the performance? caused the original cam gears fit just perfect in the high lift cams... wt is the purpose of these adj cam gears?

was wondering high lift cams gives less torque is it? caused most mechanics told me for street driving high lift cams are not so drivable... power band is 5000rpm.. so i'm confused if the adj cam gears will counter this prob? it seems to give more speed but less torque?

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Send an e mail to Errol at datrats.com.au and tell him what you are wanting. He has adj. cam gears and can supply high lift cams. I have a set of his cams in my car but no adj. cam gears and they come in around 5000 rpm.

cisco

» CMF Member
Mmm cams.

Now that I'm going to have a peakier turbo running more boost, I reckon cams would make blue monster even wackier.

Have to think about it..

CMF_nana

» CMF Member
i was told duringa dyno test that the high lift cams do not have adj cam gears will have difficulty tuning from 1000rpm to 3000rpm.. well .. i have doubts in his comments.. but for sure i know the rev limit has raised and low end suffers.. the cams have make your cars rev higher.. so guys using turbo up boost ..this is a good upgrade to look forward.. it does rev well .. just too bad low end suffers..

Back