Boot Switch K12 SE

Hi Everyone

my boot switch has gone and I bought a replacement to fit and then realised its the SE so has the extra wire - does anyone know where I can get a suitable replacement switch? Ive tried ebay and all the usually places - any help appreciated thanks Stumpy

I should have said its for the Intelligent key - £80 for genuine whilst the non intelligent key switch are £20 on ebay :-(

Hello and welcome, Do you mean you need the one with the button intelligent key version or the one without.
As far as I know I have none intelligent version.
Have changed mine as door was delayed for opening.
This item uses micro switches and those can be replaced if your handy with soldering.
However I'm not so replaced via part from ebay it's been fine ever since.

Hi Sparky yes that exactly what has happened. I can get a replacement without the intelligent bit for £20 but the one with the intelligent bit is £80 - I just wondered by it needs to be a genuine part with the higher cost of £80 and not just a oem part thats cheaper

If they are doing the cheaper version without the intelligent bit then surely they should be doing the other one, albeit for a bit extra

As far as I know I payed 18.50 and the unit was not very different to what I had the button rubber had a slight difference.

After fitting I found water was getting past the plastic that covers the switch or handle..
I then sealed the area with a silicone sealant and the boot stayed dry.
Original parts are always way better for quality. The aftermarket ones might not last as long but with a switch you can't go wrong imo.

Back