buyer warning.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Some might know a bit more about this then me, however I tracked down "Underground Imports" on the web and from what their site showed they were still active.
I made a purchase, got an e-mail receipt, paid my money and not heard a thing since. Any e-mails I send get bounced.

Mychael

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Well you can still get to their osCommerce site which I assume is what you made the purchase through. For some time now their main page has said that they would be closed indefinitely.

http://www.undergroundimports.com.au/

It's stupid enough to leave the actual store still open for purchases and have the main page as saying that they've closed down indefinitely. What they should have done is just allowed the page saying theyre closed, and restricted any of the other pages that the site had so people don't actually use the thing.. If you go through google straight to the site, I can't see anything to indicate that they've closed down.

---dens

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
fairtrading should sort it out for you

or try doing a whois on the domain and contact the host?

or if someone has ash's number with the white gutted micra in brissy get him to give you contact details to them, as they helped get pieces for his car

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Another perspective.....

From previous experience operating an E-commerce site through a service provider, your e-commerce site may still remain active even after you have cancelled it (or the business has closed down if it has failed to notify the provider). It is the fault of the provider then if it is still operating. The link from the business's website to the E-commerce site may have been terminated but if you've bookmarked it or found it through a search engine then you will still find a supposedly active place to spend your money. The question now is who has taken your money? The E-commerce site provider or the business who previously ran it? This could be tricky as it may be both parties.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Why would you bother leaving it active when you're closed down? If you're actually smart about it, just setup your webserver to disallow people to view anything but that front page. If you're unsure how to do that, then there should be an option in osCommerce to disable the site entirely or at the very least disable purchasing through the site.

They could have easily just disabled anyone external from accessing /shop/ through the webserver so they'd get a 403 Forbidden error. I honestly don't know why you'd leave your business and your money up to an ISP or to a hosting provider.

The content and running of the site should be the responsibility of the site owners, no one else.

---dens

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Have to agree with Dens.As the site let me place an order and sent me an invoice confirming my order.
However, having said that I am pleased to report that I have received an e-mail from Travis and he has indicated he will sort it out for me.
Not sure if he means a refund or the parts I ordered.

I'll keep you all posted and credit where it's due if Travis sorts out the problem I'll let everyone know.

Mychael

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Cyber space!! Yes I buy things off e bay but nothing like dealing direct with a company/ person face to face. That way any hassels you can go eye ball them.Not always possible I know and so far I have had no bad experiences with e bay purchases.
Good luck Mike, nothing worse than getting ripped off even if a small amount.

Back