Bushes and drums

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Hi all,

Just wondering whether anyone knew anywhere that does poly bushes for the lower wishbones?

Or are Nissan the only people who make them for the K10?

Also i need to replace the rear drums as the bleed nipples are rusted tight, anyone know the best place to get some new ones (again other than rip off nissan?)

Cheers guys

you dont need new drums mate, just wheel cylinders - decent motor factors do these - only about a tenner or so.

Wouldn't it be better to just change the whole unit?

Would it cost all that much more?

If ya getting new drums get new shoes aswell mate....Even tho i would only get new drums if there Ridgid. I couldnt undo the bleed nipple on my rear caliper on my scoot and i really dint have the cash to spend on a new one....so all i did was cabletied the brake on and left it all night....in the morning it was fine :D

Wouldn't it be better to just change the whole unit?

Would it cost all that much more?

Ok mate theres 3 main parts:-
brake cylinder.... this is the bit with the bleed nipple that you would need to change if you snapped the nipple

Shoes

Drum..... if you change this then you may aswell change the lot, usually there is a ring of rust where the shoes dont make contact and it can make the drums a pain to remove. An angle grinder makes short work of that once the drum is off.

Wishbone bushes? I take it as no-one has mentioned anywhere that Nissan stock bits are the best way to go?

Sorry man i missed that bit....... just tried the powerflex site and they don't list the micra in any guise, anyone know who else make polyurathane bushes?

only place to get bushes is nissan. and theres only 1 set of wishbones on a K10. you'd be well to change the drums as well. New shoes in old drums never seem to bite well, as it takes years and years for them to bed in.

if you want poly bushes mate speak to a figaro dealer they should be able to source parts like that from japan, i got some poly bumpstops for a figaro for my last super s when i replaced all its suspension. last for years thoose things, they were a lucky find on ebay :)

###### it, someone outbid me! I went out and forgot about the auction DOH!!

Anywhere else that might be useful?

Back