Burnt out ECU - I need a replacement!

16vFig

Ex. Club Member
Well this weekend hasn't got off to a very good start.
While sitting in the rush hour traffic tonight the engine died and would not restart, followed by a slight whiff of burning electrics from the passenger foot well where the ECU is mounted (CG13 in a Figaro).
A few quick roadside tests- no spark and no fuel pump. Time to call the RAC.
Once back home and in the garage I gave it a good looking over and the engine bay wiring loom has rubbed right through and earthed the injector wires in two places- oh dear, I said (or words to that effect:rolleyes:)
Took the ECU out and sure enough, several areas of the board are burnt out.
So I need another one like this, can anyone help?
IMG_20120713_213452.jpg

Or does anyone know if this one will work the same?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-MI...CarParts_SM&hash=item3a755ee5ab#ht_500wt_1183

20 quid (refundable) ? it had the nats 1, which was bypassed when the fob failed (2 button fob like the rover metro,s had)

it had a separate nats box, which a friend bypassed, so i "think" the pinouts are the same as the prenats ones
but ED is saying they,re all the same anyway ?? :confused:

Tell you what Frank- I'll see if the one I'm after pops up on here or Ebay over the weekend, but if not I'll take a flyer on your ECU.
I really do appreciate you helping me out:)

All the early ECUs (Rectangle shape) share same pins and have no immobiliser within them.

Tell you what Frank- I'll see if the one I'm after pops up on here or Ebay over the weekend, but if not I'll take a flyer on your ECU.
I really do appreciate you helping me out:)
I am pretty sure peace pottage scrap yard will have one. ill go there tomorrow and see.

noddie from Brighton has come up trumps and he had one. Picked it up last night so hopefully get it fitted and tested tonight.
Thank you to everyone that's taken the time to help me out:)

Back