bulb socket plug melted!

Manny

Ex. Club Member
switched my lights on got a whirly electrical sound knew straight away it was bulb problem because of previous experience. this is gonna be third time im going to replace bulb socket plug because its melted, will have to go to scrappers to get one, if i dont get one has someone got a spare one to sell? why does it happen, is it a common fault?

from what i've seen on there it appears to be a very common problem. Have you replaced the bulbs each time it has melted?

no i dont think i did, ive found 1 of the bulbs pin connector is loose that maybe why its happened. is that why u change them?

not sure but i got told when they melt it damages bulb. can't remember how. and headlight bulbs should be replaced in pairs.

They don't have to be replaced in pairs, but it is recommended. Is it the H4 connection that's at fault, if it is give me a couple of weeks because L'Point a side company are going to do ceramic bulb holders which will be able to withstand high temperatures. When they come in I find out some prices.

What bulbs did you have in before? Usually high wattage bulbs are the main cause of that fault.

yearh its a comman fault on k11's, seen it happen on a friends old micra...altough its never happended to me or any one in the familiy with a k11touch wood.

They don't have to be replaced in pairs, but it is recommended. Is it the H4 connection that's at fault, if it is give me a couple of weeks because L'Point a side company are going to do ceramic bulb holders which will be able to withstand high temperatures. When they come in I find out some prices.

What bulbs did you have in before? Usually high wattage bulbs are the main cause of that fault.

i did have blue higher voltage bulbs than normal bulbs, but i put normal ones back in because they didnt last long. so maybe it was gonna go some time dont think its to do with h4 connection. thnx.
i went to scrappy to get a plug connector then found out i could have bought a plug connector from my local part shop when i went to get some male bullet connectors.

ha yeh happened to me on both lights! and its happened again recently so only got one main light atm :mad: one time it even kept on going and melted the fuse into the fuse box ....

Recently replaced another one but this time on my Red K11. Both occasions i've had higher wattage bulbs in. Obviously the Micra doesnt like high wattage bulbs and just melts the connector

On the subject of Headlights/connections i recently found out my Near Side high-beam wasnt working.So today bought some new bulbs and now it still doesnt work.

Have i wired in the new Bulb Connector wrong for that filliment not to be working?

switched my lights on got a whirly electrical sound knew straight away it was bulb problem because of previous experience. this is gonna be third time im going to replace bulb socket plug because its melted, will have to go to scrappers to get one, if i dont get one has someone got a spare one to sell? why does it happen, is it a common fault?

that happened to mine my man took the plug off an old loom for his rs turbo and put that on its workin fine now

Just PM's Alex, if anybody is interested I can get Hold of Ceramic H4 Bulb Holders which can withstand a higher bulb temperature. If you are interested they're £7.50 a pair.

Back