brrr

frank

Club Member
i hope you all have enough anti-freeze in your trusty steed tonight fwn (1st frost of the year for most of us :eek:)

i cant stand this weather, only good thing that comes with sub zero temp is snow, so unless i have something to play in i see no use in havin a freezin nose! lol :D

my engine is still running cool after a half hour drive! :p i think there is a little too much anti freeze in mine :)

Um no, too much antifreeze wont do that, but a stuck open thermostat will.

lol Back to the weather I was out all day Sunday in the garden doing stuff, 4deg C in the driving wind and rain. Crazy lol but still managed to get a lot done :)

i put some in last night after watching the weather forcast, as i didnt have any in, its got a small water leak so i just keep filling it up with water, not good, got away with it a few weeks ago aswell when it frosted over.

Anti freeze! D'oh.. I haven't checked the water in my corsa since i bought it August 2008 LOL. It's running like crap at the moment too. I might treat it to some second hand Glanza oil/water later (joking)..

i think mine staying too cool is just due to the new cambelt / waterpump plus fresh water and antifreeze ... i hope

Sitting in my car for 15 minutes staring at a frosted windscreen was enough to convince me it's now time to buy my de-icer! Although I don't recall having to wait until the 1st December before, I'm sure I usually need it early-mid November!

Forgot my mondeo had run out of screen wash, so had nothing to worry about freezing there, although i put plenty of the concentrate in.

I just turned my car on 15 mins before i had to leave, stuck the heat on full, the AC on, heated front windscreen (most usefull invention in the history of cars for weather like this) and the heated back screen, locked the door with my other key, and went and had my breakfast.

Was lovely and warm, and de-iced by the time I got back.

Sitting in my car for 15 minutes staring at a frosted windscreen was enough to convince me it's now time to buy my de-icer! Although I don't recall having to wait until the 1st December before, I'm sure I usually need it early-mid November!

Same but i got bored and started using a cd case to get the ice off :p

Went out and bought some antifreeze last night though was out at half 9 cause i waiting for the engine to cool and had the hoses off draining the water. Then had to wait for it to warm up for the thermostat to open and the water level to drop (obviously after filling it up with an anti freeze and water mixture). Then waiting for the air bubbles to dissapear so there was no air in the system. I got in and the cold tap felt warm :)

Took 15 mins to clear the car this morning, didnt even know it was frosty until I went to the car!
Found an empty can of de-icer in the door (waheey!) so put it on full heat with the heated rear window on and attacked the windows with a scraper.

I used a bucket of hot tap water which did the trick
Im not sure why but only my windscreen appeared to freeze solid, while side and rears stayed wet

a) Coolant content is very unlikely to cause the engine to run cold, its all down to the thermostat.

b) Pouring hot water onto a frozen windscreen is the epitimy of stupidity, freeze-thaw will shatter your windscreen one day, if it hasnt happened yet its just down to luck

Warming the car up or using antifreeze is the best method, but don't leave the car unlocked and running on the drive as it is an open advert for someone to nick your car, and it wont be covered by insurance.

Back