Broken Engine (1.0 from 52 reg K11)

Everyone is probably going to hate me on this site now, but I'm afraid to say I killed my micra by running it out of oil and the big end has gone. However, I bought a new engine and the car has a new lease of life.
I am now stuck with an engine in the garage that I want to do something with, and I've done research and apparently with a lot of effort and quite a bit of money it can be repaired, but im pretty clueless with engines to be honest, so what do you guys think?

Long story short, i think i have four options and i want to know your opinions:
1) Just get rid of the engine somehow

2) Try to repair the engine and maybe sell it on

3) Try to repair the engine and build something cool with it, like a ridiculous go kart or something like that :p

4) Rip it apart, polish it up and turn it into some sort of modern art, similar to this:

EngineTable.jpg

what do you think?
btw, sorry if this is completely irrelevant to this site, but i thought that seeing as everyone here are keen micra lovers, you might have some cool ideas for me :)

If you know whats wrong, know how to fix it, have the cash and can make a profit on it at the end then fix it. Otherwise sell it as a knackered engine as someone on eBay will always buy it for the bits they need.

Mike

Back