Brighton

Any body on here from around that area or been there? Me and some of my mates are heading down there next month for a birthday celebration, there seems to be so many clubs and pubs wondered if any of you lot had any advise. Where gonna be staying by the west pier. Cheers

Brighton's a wicked place! had some of my best clubbing nights out down there.

Loads of great bars and clubs on the sea front, Honeyclub, The Zap and the Beach are my recommendations. There's a few decent pubs and bars, Allycats is pretty good along with a Western Front, Fortune of war & Fishbowl!

Brighton's full of alleyways and confusing roads so you may not come across many of the above! but head for the sea front anyway and you'l find plenty going on. Avoid clubs like the Event II & Creation.

Theyre not my type of clubs. Full of commercial music, chavy type people in there best clothes, village bikes and caberay (sp) acts!

They're gay clubs!!

LOL they arent! Although i asked a few colleagues who live down there where you could go, and said avoid west street!

I studied at uni there and arnold's bang on the money with his recommendations!

Casablanca is pretty funky too. the DJ booth is cut from half a VW beetle

Yeah think I'll give the gay clubs a miss. Cheers people you have been great. So many places down there and we only have one day and night so need to get it spot on.

Gonna bang on some more about this now. Anywhere near the west pier where we can get some good quality cheap food? well no burger bar type thing but were on a bit of a budget.

Palace pier is where it's all happening! Not much towards west pier i dont think. Everything tho is within walking (or stumbling) distance of each other.

Creation and Event aint gay clubs!! I was in Creation last night as it so happens, celebrating my 19th birthday. In my opinion Creation is one of the best clubs in Brighton, much better than Honeyclub etc. As for Creation being chavvy, the only fights I have ever gotten into have been in Honey, one of my mates got bottled in there just before xmas.

My reccomendations would be:

Casablanca (always rammed, you WILL have to queue for a long time to get in and then to get served)
Riki Tik's (great little funky bar, good music)
The Standard (handy for the pre-club drinks)
Creation
Zap
Audio (also check out Above Audio, bar upstairs)
The Beach (athough check the night, can be hideously cheesy)

Back