brand of cat converter you can recommend

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
next on my list is cat converter

im after 2 inch cat converter, high flow, stainless steel...which you can recommend, and which shop. so far i have rang performance auto ringwood and was quoted $265 + $88 fitting, magna flow.....no plan in going turbo so 2 inch is enough

thanks again for any input

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
I run the hurricane 2" stainless high flow cats on both of mine. Purchased them from Liverpool exhaust.
eBay would be ok if your after something cheaper, just make sure its a metal core cat with a good flow rating, don't bother with the ceramic ones.

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
From memory I paid maybe $100 for my 3 inch magnaflow cat, which was bought for my old volvo, we get so badly screwed on good old Mexican made Yank gear over here, ebay is your friend, more so when the exchange rate is so good.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Why dont you just go to any jap import place ask for a r33 gtst standard cat its 2" plus i think and will flow more than enough for the micra cost like $50 then get exhaust place to weld it on shouldnt cost more that $100 total.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:

"Why dont you just go to any jap import place ask for a r33 gtst standard cat its 2" plus i think and will flow more than enough for the micra cost like $50 then get exhaust place to weld it on shouldnt cost more that $100 total.

top idea. that's what i would do, but megaflow is good. goes every well on my Honda.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

"can you give me the link, or contact details for jap imports, just did a search and no one seems to be selling second hand cat converter

JSA Imports MIGHT have some..they have a workshop for custom work. they are located in preston. just ask for Tim if he still works there..just refer my name.

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Just so you know, used cats are okish, but beware you are buying something that is often at 50-75% of it's working life, also factory cats tend to more directly be aimed at tight emissions, in comparison to aftermarket like magnaflow which is more aimed at flow (usually a more open comb structure), end result is the aftermarket will flow more.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Bishop WROTE:

"<BR>Just so you know, used cats are okish, but beware you are buying something that is often at 50-75% of it's working life, also factory cats tend to more directly be aimed at tight emissions, in comparison to aftermarket like magnaflow which is more aimed at flow (usually a more open comb structure), end result is the aftermarket will flow more.<BR>

I totally agree with you there. But food for thought
A stock r33gtst will put in excess of 100+kw at the wheel from factory (i know coz i own one) so i can say that a r33gtst cat will not be restrictive till then. Most of micra around do not come anywhere near that figure so if ur just after a cheap highflow compared to the k11 factory one then this is a cheap option you could consider.

Back