Brakes

Okay, Problem with the brakes on mine, when driving around town/normal roads after a while the brake pedal goes rock solid, as in gently put your foot on the brake and almost go through the windscreen solid, but if you turn the car off and leave it for a minuet or so its fine till it does it again, any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, I recon its the master cylinder, I have been wrong in the past though :rolleyes:

Thanks

Check ur brakes ain't binding and handbrakes fully released.

When pads get hot within their optimum temp range, they get more grippy n sensitive until they get too hot n begin to fade.

After a drive with minimal braking, feel each wheel and if one or more are noticeably hotter, they're prob sticking.

Is everything standard on your brakes? Any mods?

The leave it a while sounds like vacuum building up in the booster, question is if it's a standard master cylinder why is it making too much pressure?
Do the rear brakes work well? Ie not the handbrake, if the bias valve or lines to the back were blocked it might send all pressure to the fronts.

Brakes are all standard, it was lowered 40mm and it was always fine, it 50mm on the front only now, made no difference, It only got noticeable when I first put my alloys on, but I've taken them back off and it still does it

Back