brakes (which)

will why dont you buy my brakes off mart, you cant go wrong. More than enough stopping power for your set up and real cheap for a upgrade over stock ones

i would reccommend EBC greenstuffs. ive had them for 10,000 miles and the feel and overall power is excellent. theyre about £54 for a micra, and worth every penny. the only down side is the amount of brake dust you get, which is a problem with white wheels.........

well too late now i went for the mintex set as im on a budget and trying to get the golf on the road asap before the freeze!

but oem its perfectly fine for my set up.... no need for bigger untill i go for more power

I recently fitted some Brembo Max grooved discs to my K11 with Mintex M1144 pads. It was hard work bedding the pads in, but they are fantastic when I (rarely) go a bit nuts and the grooves keep the pads clean and cope very well with rain.

The standard brakes were good enough. But these ones seem to /enjoy/ being clobbered, a bit like my motorbike :grinning:

I recently fitted some Brembo Max grooved discs to my K11 with Mintex M1144 pads. It was hard work bedding the pads in, but they are fantastic when I (rarely) go a bit nuts and the grooves keep the pads clean and cope very well with rain.

The standard brakes were good enough. But these ones seem to /enjoy/ being clobbered, a bit like my motorbike :grinning:
Sounds a bit like fun!
Got a link to these?

ive indeed bought disks and pads, pads were changed last year anyway, but after the thrashing on the track they need a little love.... but i dont feel confident enough to strip and rebuild the calliper

at the risk of talking myself out of a sale, from the symptoms you describe you may just need to strip, clean and adjust your brakes.

I see your point. I always used to strip and fettle brakes the hard way.

But discs get thinner and they aren't v expensive. And they start to warp if they are worked hard. Corrosion gets behind the dust seals and squashes the dust seals into the pistons, or just gets into the gap and makes the pistons stick. Either way it makes the brakes drag and spoils the 'feel'. So I like to fit new or reconditioned calipers. And I feel good after bolting shiny new bits on :grinning:

Sounds a bit like fun!
Got a link to these?

Sorry can't find it now. I'm fairly sure I found the shop on Ebay. The discs were definitely called Brembo Max. Solid discs (only 1 1.3i Inspiration!). They are grooved and not as pricey as the slotted discs. Brembo pads are pricey, which is where the Mintex M1144 pads came in. The only down side is that they are almost like the old M171 material back in the asbestos days--they are a bit 'wooden' when they are stone cold but when they warm up they just won't quit :laugh:

Back