Brakes causing vibes at high speed

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
As topic says, when i jamb the brakes firmly at 100-110km/h the car vibrates and steering wheel jitters around. Its rather dangerous, i tried pulling the handbrake carefully, and got a similar but hardly as dangerous vibration though the car,

any thoughts?

i have 95 SuperS, with 2LT Pulsar front brakes with Bendix Advanced (i think) pads (about 40,000K old) and std rear discs with Bendix Advanced pads (68,000K old) the rear discs were machined 68,000K ago when the new pads went on.

Cheers,

Alex

ps, car has done 168,000KM

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Well normaly when you feel a vibration through your seat it means that the back brakes need machining. As for the front if the steering wheel shacks that means the same thing for the front, but as you say you had it done so sounds strange, but that is normaly how it works.

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
Sounds like your discs are getting too thin maybe,also they might not have been machined properly...a few thou out make a big difference...might be time for a new set of disc rotors and a fresh set of pads....Let me know what model pulsar front disc brakes u have and i can price sone up for you...a lot better pricing than going into your local auto parts store.....

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Thanks lads, I suspect it's the rear discs. I cant see the pulsar discs warping on a micra. I measured them with a micrometer, and they are within specs. I guess its the rear discs that need replacing,

Has anyone replaced their rear discs before? if so, what did you replace them with?

Cheers,

Alex

Back