Brake piston price?

Dave_Ally

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys, how much should a brake piston be roughly for a 2000 1.4 with vented front discs? Have been quoted £127 for the piston which seems very steep. :eek:

That's the part thats rusted up and seized according to them. Right, I'll get another price from somebody else thought that was pretty expensive.

He must have been on about the caliper, phoned a few places and the cheapest new price I've been given is £96. Oh well. :(

new pistons are £14 on brakes international, seperate rebuild kit is another £14
and vented calipers are £51. prob excludin vat & delivery

Coming back to this thread since it's recent, got the caliper changed whilst I was away and it's through it's MOT now. Came to get it today but the brakes feel totally different, with a new caliper and pad on the OSF (pad had worn down also). I know they'll be a little spongy whilst bedding in and will not be as sharp since it's not binding but surely with nothing needed to be done to the NSF it shouldn't be that different? Don't really want to take it far and find the brakes are naff eh - have got ABS on this one also if that makes any difference. Air in the system and they haven't bothered to bleed the brakes possibly? Poor car, never has much luck at any garages. grr

That is exactly why i try never to take it to one.
Only went in for the MOT :down:
Should really change pads as a set ie: both sides(Y)
They probably have done, it does say on the reciept front brake pads but you can never be sure if you weren't there eh, gonna check tomorrow and make sure but if it's no better gonna get them to bleed them 'caus they probably haven't bothered and got air in.

Back