brake lights on full time

CMF_chris

» CMF Member
My brake lights have decided to stay on all the time, even with the ignition off. Given that the headlights switch to high beam when a lowbeam globe goes I suspected a faulty globe somewhere else but haven't been able to find one - all the other lights work fine. Will a faulty earth somewhere cause this or is it more likely to be a jammed brake lght switch?

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
chris WROTE:

"My brake lights have decided to stay on all the time, even with the ignition off. Given that the headlights switch to high beam when a lowbeam globe goes I suspected a faulty globe somewhere else but haven't been able to find one - all the other lights work fine. Will a faulty earth somewhere cause this or is it more likely to be a jammed brake lght switch?

Yes, rolling shell knows what he's saying. I've got to know abt ur prob from the haynes manual, your problem should be coming from the switch beneath the brake pedal. it may have become pressed all time.

cheers mate,
ian

funky2nite WROTE:

"chris WROTE:<BR><BR>"My brake lights have decided to stay on all the time, even with the ignition off. Given that the headlights switch to high beam when a lowbeam globe goes I suspected a faulty globe somewhere else but haven't been able to find one - all the other lights work fine. Will a faulty earth somewhere cause this or is it more likely to be a jammed brake lght switch?"</DIV><BR><BR>Yes, rolling shell knows what he's saying. I've got to know abt ur prob from the haynes manual, your problem should be coming from the switch beneath the brake pedal. it may have become pressed all time.<BR><BR>cheers mate,<BR>ian

actually it is pressed in all the time when the rubber grommet is there. its when the rubber grommet disintegrates (if that's how ya spell it) that the switch is released all the time and brake lights stay on.

Back