Brake lights on after brake pedal refitting

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi all,

i have removed the brake pedal from my car and then refitted it, and now the pedal doesn't push the switch that switches off the brake lights. it seems to be able 6mm out. all the bolts are tight, the master cylinder hasn't changed....

anyone got any ideas?

is the return of the pedal stiff nex, or does it stop short of the switch ?

i am not sure what you mean? when the brake pedal is out of the car it functions fine, it seems to be the master cylinder that is holding it back. when the pin goes through the master cylinder and the pedal it is pulled back too far to hit the switch. the master cylinder wont move any further forward and i have started the engine and pumped the brakes but it still doesn't return to its original possition. it is strange because nothing at all has changed.

it stops about 6mm short of hitting the switch

Attachments

• PICT0055.JPG
    PICT0055.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 287
thanks frank,

it looks all the same but it is closer so it actually pushes the button, i am not sure why it isn't in the right place.

Cheers for posting this up for me NeX.
Yer just to elaborate, this is on the SLX for the auto to manual conversion.
We unbolted the auto one which was working fine and bolted in the manual one and put the link pin through for the master cylinder then noticed it wouldn't touch the brake switch, so took it out again, compared and refitted the auto one, which was then also not reaching the switch, it is really comfussing, nothing has changed it just seems like there is suddenly less length on the master cylinder push rod!

Back