Brake hoses, Discs n pads changing ... whats the cost ?

Hi, just thought i'd ask what do you think am looking at all in for front to back L\ R hoses changed, discs n pads on front only on my k11 1.3 Lx .... I have parts, just need a garage to replace them ... Thanks :)

Hi, just thought i'd ask what do you think am looking at all in for front to back L\ R hoses changed, discs n pads on front only on my k11 1.3 Lx .... I have parts, just need a garage to replace them ... Thanks :)
I'm no expert, but I reckon any respectable mechanic could do that lot in 2 hours, including a brake bleed.

My local mobile mechanic charges £30 an hour, but you need to shop around for the best labour rates.

Its just 4 bolts that hold on the caliper and disk. Then push the piston back into the caliper as your new pads are fatter. Then pop the disk over the wheel studs and bolt everything back up. Press the brake pedal a few times to take up the pad gap. Job done. Less than an hour if you've never done it.
Get on YouTube. You'll be amazed how easy.

Its just 4 bolts that hold on the caliper and disk. Then push the piston back into the caliper as your new pads are fatter. Then pop the disk over the wheel studs and bolt everything back up. Press the brake pedal a few times to take up the pad gap. Job done. Less than an hour if you've never done it.
Get on YouTube. You'll be amazed how easy.

I'll have a proper read of my Haynes manual and give it a go. I'm also going to be putting new wheels on too. Is it imperative that i use a torque wrench ?

I own a few torque wrenches and the only time I ever really use them is for cylinder heads and that kind of work. After working for over 30 years on my cars, you get to know when something is correctly tightened. Remember its your brakes. Make sure things are tight.

On my last Mot they were on the advisory list for corrosion.
Oooops, my mistake .. just checked sgain and its "Brake pipes wirh corrosion front to back" .. didn't read it properly. I have new hoses, and idea on where i get the pipes ... looked on ebay but all thats coming up mostly is hoses. I have an L reg 1.3 Lx

Back