Bought a new Engine...

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
New engine and gearbox arriving on my doorstep within a week or so..

all excited so i thought i'd post up, this thread is useless without pics i know..

gonna make it HEAPS easier to get parts and custom fab stuff up with the car still on the road, cause unlike Snikty, i gotta drive it alllll the time

New engine and gearbox arriving on my doorstep within a week or so..

all excited so i thought i'd post up, this thread is useless without pics i know..

gonna make it HEAPS easier to get parts and custom fab stuff up with the car still on the road, cause unlike Snikty, i gotta drive it alllll the time

Worthwhile investment dude, good job!

Hey I need mine too...it just turned out to have more problems than I first expected...and my mechanic took me very literally when I said I wanted it up and running like the day it was made. But my spare was bought with same intention...a rotting fuel tank didn't help me with keeping it on the road however.

yeah i think i've been lucky so far to be honest, when i rip the motor out im sure there will be a million other things to fix as well, i think unless someone comes and offers me some good coin for this car then its gonna live and die with me! might as well fix it proper... then the only thing that can ruin that is someone smashing into it!

i think unless someone comes and offers me some good coin for this car then its gonna live and die with me! might as well fix it proper...

Absolutely!!

And you aren't likely to get offered what you'd want...maybe in another 10-20 years if it's COMPLETELY original parts and you find a collector...

Smidge keep us updated ,if your getting the like off a exhaust mani or down pipe made ,might be interested(Y) How much did you pay for it?

Got it pretty cheap. Too good of a deal to pass it up even if I get nothing but the odd spare. Comes with a turbo and supercharger, few bits of wiring, gearbox, injectors.. No ecu tho.

nah through an importer up your way actually! getting sent down i'll have more details once it arrives!

arrived yesterday, this cost me $500AUD delivered to my door, pretty happy with that...

ask me again if it was a good deal once i try and turn it over one day :D

newengine.jpg

arrived yesterday, this cost me $500AUD delivered to my door, pretty happy with that...

ask me again if it was a good deal once i try and turn it over one day :D

newengine.jpg

Seriously jelous Marty, jelous enough that I want to make a youtube vid about it:laugh:

Best of luck mate

heavy little ####### with the gearbox on it!! anyway managed to get it put away in the garage and still fit the car and bike in! got a few things to do (and 7,000ks before my major service) to finish everything off then it will be service the ST time

Back