Boot size

well its going to be close to the size of a wheel aint it. id say roughly 14-15" wide and about 195 deep.
and are you going to build the box actually in the hole??? why no just use the boot space??

what would that work out in cubic feet? ye im gona build box in hole. Havin just a box in the boot always moves about and cant have a rear strut with one of them.

no sub box will fit in the spare wheel hole, and its pointless making one to fit....it sounds crap! plus you need the correct dimensions for a sub box to get the correct bass.

companies spend £££££ getting them right to produce good sound.

im no maths expert but... ( actually im not very good at maths at all )

15 inch rim = ~38cm
area of rim= (pi)x 19 = 60 (rounded)

So the volume would be; 60 x 19.5 = 1170 cubic cm = 38.4 cubic feet

i'm probably wrong though as 38.4 sounds alot too much

38 defently sounds wrong. The companies usually say what size box is required for there sub so ill build the box then see what sub will sound best in the box that size.

no sub box will fit in the spare wheel hole, and its pointless making one to fit....it sounds crap! plus you need the correct dimensions for a sub box to get the correct bass.

companies spend £££££ getting them right to produce good sound.

x2, you really need to look in to volume / ports if you want it sounding good, i was a bass geek for a few years and honestly, making a box in the spare wheel hole is not a good idea there will be mad ammounts of phase cancelation in a round area with the waves bouncing off the wall and then back into the other waves, never mind how shallow the hole actually is.
As for the box moving around, thats not hard to fix mate, few brackts, even hoodride it with a block of wood skrewd down.
if you want good bass buy or build a good box. :D

ive seen alot of other cars having subs in there but no micras. if the hole is quite shallow i might put a 10 in instead of a 12 or just raise the floor higher. i think that just plonking a box in the boot and wedge it in looks messy so i want it to look good.

its not the diamiter, its the size of the magnet you need to worry about. well you might thnk it will look good but it will sound sh!te.

I know, ive seen it done a few times at the cruises, and it does look tidy and diffrent ( if done well ), but the sound quality was terrible.

put two in then it wont be messy

attachment.php

Why not let the lad give it a go? Everythings worth a try aint it? If you do it and it sounds rubbish then oh well you can try to improve it or atleast you can say you tryd in the first place, but if you do it succesfully wether it be with a raised floor or just a make shift floor with a indent in it? then well you can smile and say you proved people wrong :D

Personally I think you should give it a go, I mean how easy is it to throw a ready made dual sub box in your boot, it may be guaranteed to work pretty well but it's not the most unique thing in the world + where's the miss's shopping gonna go? :p

i think if i raise the whole floor ill be able to embed the amps either side of the sub which will look better. gona be alot of numbers working things out. materials aint that expensive so a bit of trial and error

i think if i raise the whole floor ill be able to embed the amps either side of the sub which will look better. gona be alot of numbers working things out. materials aint that expensive so a bit of trial and error

Good thinking, would give you a lot more room aswell! Its all about taking your time. Make sure you do plenty of drawings (or scribblings :p) and good luck with it!

note: this is in general

fwn i dont know why people even bother helping others sometimes tbh, why ask a question if you arnt willing to take common practical advice from people who have been there and done that.
to then listen to whoever posts up....why not let the lad have a go......if he wants to do it let him yada yada yada. ??????

Marshey...have a good look into some ways of mounting the sub and take addvice from those who have some experence, serouse bass junkies (like a mate of mine) spend time and silly amounts of money building a system, sound deadening, acoustich balance and all that crap.

i know robb has/did have a good boot build chek that out(Y)

:glare: So we should'nt try things for ourselves then, if someone says NO dont t do it then you dont do it?
'in general' im not saying its a great idea, but I dont see how with enough research and play that he would'nt be able to create a decent sounding + looking custom set-up???

i wouldnt make a circle box it would be more of an octagon shape and i would make it the depth of a normal sub box thats why the floor will be raised as i know the wheel well aint that deep.

This aint a thing im considering doing tomorrow its still an idea in the head so im getting all the information i can about it at the moment.

im all for DIY'n stuff, ive built many bad sub boxes in my time, my first one was a joke, i just went for it with no cluewas good fun but was a baaaaad box, but the more i learnd the more i found out how bad mine were, just trying to pass advice on and to save the worlds limited supply of 18mm mdf :D

the best thing i can advise on with any build is try and get dynamat, it makes such an unbelevible diffrence. and do your reesarch end of the day do what you want sorry if my advice was a bit moany. :D

if you have a look on www.micra.com.au....ther is a lad on there that is doing loads of wild stuf sound system wise, you coud get some ideas of him

and there is also a guy selling a full custom fiberglass boot build.....if you want to ship it over that is.

Back