boot release

Robert

Ex. Club Member
ok, i'm wanting a smoothed boot, however as my micra's the K11 facelift, the boot is operated by a key. I understand that on the pre facelift's it is operated by a lever with the petrol cap, true?

Is this system able to be used with the facelift boot? Or would the petrol cap release need altering too?

Failing this, how difficult is it to install a boot popper wiht a switch wried around the dash somewhere?

Basically, which is cheapest/easiest?

You can get boot poppers for prefacelift models too. I believe it came on Super S's and SR's so finiding one of these may be the easiest and wiring that straight in. Other than that you can buy a central locking kit from somewhere like Maplins and use this mechanism as a solenoid and connect it to a button in the dash which will pop the boot. :) Hope this helps.

Sorry read this wrong, yeah you can probably easily enough wire in a prefacelift popper into your car. And you could just connect it up so that the lever only popped the boot or if you wanted both wire it to your petrol cap.

go to a scrappy and remove the complete boot/fuel flap release cable along with the locking mechanisms from the tailgate and the fuel flap. This will fit straight into your facelift as most of the bodywork is the same and all holes for the clips are in the same place.Silver_si did his wifes Si with one from a super s. when i did my sunny it cost me £10 from a scrappy including the fuel flap.
hope this helps

Back