Boot release

Is there a way of creating a interior boot release button, either by using the original catch or say a Primera, ect catch?

Many thanks in advance

If you can find a k11 with the boot/fuel release lever, you can retrofit it quite easily. If I remember rightly you'll just need to drill a couple of holes for the lever itself

I retrofitted mine. Takes about an hour as you have to cut about a 2" hole for the lever spring mechanism to fit through into the sill. I used a couple of rivnuts like Nissan to attach it, as self tapping screws will loosen over time.
The cable runs under the rear seat and then behind the passenger rear trim (3door) to the fuel cap door (no lock version). It then carries on through to the boot. You need the associated boot locking mechanism. This also is the switch for the boot light, so grab the wiring and light from the donor car. The boot light hole is hidden behind the right hand side arch carpet.

I have thought about that, but they seem to be hard to come by around here, my other silver one had it but it seemed a little pointless to break the whole car just for that :p Thanks anyway, I'll just have to keep an eye out

Back