Boot release cable

Smc92

Ex. Club Member
I have a 95 micra and I was just wondering how i would go about fitting a boot release button because its a real pain having to turn the engine off to open the boot, to then start my car again. If this is possible could anyone briefly guide me how to do this?

Thanks, Scott.

i did this to my first micra.
if you get a central locking actuator about 10 quid in maplin
then put it in the boot and connect the rod on it to the one from the keyhole
connect the earth under the screw for the actuator
then run the live wire to a switch on the dash and a live on your stereo.
press the button and away you go

It aint that bad, only if you have the boot/fuel release from a Super S or SR micra.
Which consists of the cable, boot release mech, fuel release mech, and latch control mech for the handle by the drivers side door.

It involves removing the back seats, rear passenger door card (3door) and beneficial to remove the drivers seat too. then the idea is to start from the boot end first, feeding the cable from the boot through the rear passenger side quarter panel, below the rear seats then over to the drivers side floor... I was thinking of making a guide but since im stuck with uni work it will be by the first week in june for me to get a guide sorted.

Hope that helps

i did this to my first micra.
if you get a central locking actuator about 10 quid in maplin
then put it in the boot and connect the rod on it to the one from the keyhole
connect the earth under the screw for the actuator
then run the live wire to a switch on the dash and a live on your stereo.
press the button and away you go

no cable is the best bet-------less weight too!
and do the petrol flap this way too

Did anyone attempt this?

I have a petrol release catch but not the boot. I also have a live wire running to the boot from an old CD changer install.

Back