K12 - Micra SVE Remote Lock Hi

Dear Members,

Would like to request for assistance please.

I have a 2003 Nissan Micra SVE (K12) with keyless start.

The problem I am having is that the car does not lock with the fob, however I am able to lock the car using the button inside the cabin.

The unlock function on the fob works perfect.

I tried to lock the car by pressing the boot and front door buttons and all I get is a continuous beeping sound, but the car does not lock.

I thought the continuous beeping sound means that the car thinks the fob is inside the car?

Very confused and frustrated.

The fob works for unlock, so I guess this confirms the fob is in sync with the car.

All door sensors work fine and the interior light turns off.

The car starts perfectly and the system recognises the fob when depressing the brake pedal.

Your help and support is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Dear Members,

Would like to request for assistance please.

I have a 2003 Nissan Micra SVE (K12) with keyless start.

The problem I am having is that the car does not lock with the fob, however I am able to lock the car using the button inside the cabin.

The unlock function on the fob works perfect.

I tried to lock the car by pressing the boot and front door buttons and all I get is a continuous beeping sound, but the car does not lock.

I thought the continuous beeping sound means that the car thinks the fob is inside the car?

Very confused and frustrated.

The fob works for unlock, so I guess this confirms the fob is in sync with the car.

All door sensors work fine and the interior light turns off.

The car starts perfectly and the system recognises the fob when depressing the brake pedal.

Your help and support is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Managed to solve the issue......I found when starting the car and doors closed that the dashboard was showing the door open (red icon).........while the car was running I tested all door switches (one by one when opening each door) and pushed the switch and checked that the interior light turned off, all doors were ok and it led me to the boot area......after checking the boot mechanism, it turned out to be the boot light that did not work, pulled it out to find the wire was disconnected. Plugged it in and the light worked and closed the boot, now the car locks and unlocks as normal

Last edited:
Back