Bolt removal, exhaust bolts wont budge ??

Im trying to fit a back box (exhaust), first of all im taking off the old back box, the problem is the bolts just wont budge, tried wd40 and lots of force, they aint budging

its the bit where it joins the main long exhaust, tried a round closed ring spanner on the nut and that didnt work then a socket on the other side of the bolt and the same result

Does anyone have any tips on removal and have they had a similar problem and how did they resolve it ??

Don't bother with WD40, it's too thin and evaporates away. Soak it it Penetrating Spray (from Halfrauds among other places) several times over a few hours and then give it a go. It's magic I tells ya, MAGIC :laugh:.

i had the same problem, after trying for about 3 hours using brute force and grinding it i just took it to a garage and they blew them out with a blowtorch and fitted the new backbox for a tenner

it will drop more if you jack the body up instead of using ramps tbh, and (non wd 40) freeing/releasing oil is effective :grinning: and smells nice too :p

Every exhaust nut/bolt i've undone has been rusty and seized...the time you would spend(waste) trying to undo it and force it to climb over all the corroded threads is easily save by either a mini hacksaw or the old grinder if you want it done yesterday! New bolts n nuts are so much better when it's time to whack it all back together (Y)

Every exhaust nut/bolt i've undone has been rusty and seized...the time you would spend(waste) trying to undo it and force it to climb over all the corroded threads is easily save by either a mini hacksaw or the old grinder if you want it done yesterday! New bolts n nuts are so much better when it's time to whack it all back together (Y)

where can you get the new bolts and nuts from that would fit the micra exhaust bit ?

Back