Bodywork

Hi

I have made a dent to one of the panels of my micra, can anyone recommend a garage or bodyshop to have this done at a fair price that has actually seen a Micra before?
I live relatively close to Stansted Airport.
Thank you

I have a dent on the rear arch and was looking at how to remove.
You can use proper tools.
Have also seen the use of screwdriver back to push out the dent.
There are different types big and really small.
Mine is tiny like less than 1cm diameter.
I tried with a screwdriver but was unable to locate the area properly and did not want to make it worse.

The other day I noticed euro car part had a set of tools including small hammers and dollies I think that is the name for the proper tools.
Anyhow they are Amtech brand if still available it was like 30 quid.
I have also tried a dent removal tool that was cheap you use glue it may work on larger dents but did nothing noticeable in my case.
There is a nack to removing dents and dings.
My concern is the rear arch panel if damaged is a larger area and you can't just replace it very easy.
Obviously worst case you could fill the area.
Anyhow hope this may help you out.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

A dent that is small may be pulled out at home, I have seen methods including pushing it from the back, using a suction cup from something like a shower holder or a plunger, and warm water (on certain parts of the bodywork but not others, watch on youtube)

If the dent is particularly deep due to an impact, when you take it to a bodyshop they will probably tell you that it will never look right again if they pull it out and spray it, and they will advise replacing the panel and spraying it to match/blend the surrounding panels

Other options is to just replace the panel with one which is the same colour from a donor car, as long as you don't mind that they might look a little different since each car will fade differently over time

For price, pulling it out is cheapest/free if that works for you, replacing with a donor panel is next cheapest for a car of this age, and a replacement panel and spray is what will cost the most but may still be affordable.

Back